US Government Shutdown Watch: 2018 Edition. More Bricks in the Wall?

Well, the public has a lot of empathy for workers being forced to work without pay.

Trump giving a speech now. Shutdown over due to 21 day temp deal [Edit: no funding for wall included]. He’s asking for a border security deal during that time frame.

On the one hand he keeps going on about the need for a wall but is saying it won’t be a “medieval” wall (where have we heard that term, ha) and it won’t cover the entire border, just parts where it’s needed.

We’ll see if he keeps to what he’s saying this time.

Also because ATC workers are not on strike. They are calling in sick or otherwise taking leave. It’s illegal to strike, but as long as the workers are following the rules it’s very hard to fire them.

Also working class people are inherently sympathetic to the idea of people not wanting to work without getting paid. You call in because you haven’t gotten a check in a month? Nobody* is blaming you for that.

*who isn’t a complete silver spoon dickbag

So, what is Vegas putting the odds at for them to end right back in a shutdown in 22 days?

I wouldn’t put my own money on it, but I doubt Republicans in Congress want to get their asses handed to them again. They will spend three weeks begging McConnell to find some way to come to a deal.

There is a deal to be made. More money for immigration courts and security on the border to start, with money for the wall given for concessions on Democratic priorities.

Origami folds less.

Already removed.

Live look at Nancy Pelosi reacting to Donald Trump’s “threat”:

(The part of The Major is played by Mitch McConnell and Senate Republicans.)

She’s got 4 years to do it, and a lot of younger candidates who are restocking the Dem bench.

The ATC was doing a bit of work to rule, and a bit of being extra slow because they felt it was unsafe. No ATC wants a crash on their conscience.

Now, we await ratification by President Coulter.

and she has responded!

He’s gotta be careful. Senate Republicans are getting skeptical. And now his base is too.

I think the base comes back. But…maybe not quite as robustly.

Yup, walls kill important wildlife corridors. One of the organizations I donate to is Yellowstone to Yukon

“What does he ever say? Nothing.”

Yeah, fuck those people getting backpay and paychecks again.

Revel in the disarray.

Thanks for linking that.