US Government Shutdown Watch: 2018 Edition. More Bricks in the Wall?

Sounds like so far, Collins and RandPaul in the Senate are going to need some convincing on the National Emergency thing. Mitch better watch his flank.

Lindsay Graham is ALL ABOARD.

I’m going to guess that Cory Gardner will come out against it as well

I mean, I have to think that Mitch has already done his vote counting, and he thinks Rand Paul will flip because Rand Paul is a weak-willed ninny.

But he better be careful about Gardner, as you say. Also perhaps Ernst and McSally.

Sometimes, reading this board is surreal.

I really don’t understand how anyone can look at the process behind this deal, and the final deal and think of this as somehow a win for the Republicans. Don’t like that he (would) get something in the deal? That’s how politics work (as already explained).

The fact that Trump is now taking the nuclear option should make it obvious just how big an embarrassment this deal is to him.

When you realize you didn’t get elected to be emperor.

The stupidity of this move can not be overstated.

Best case scenario for Trump is that he sets a precedent, gets his $5 billion for the wall, but then the country has to live with the consequences until a new Supreme Court comes to its senses.

Worst case is that he looks like a total failure for having tried to be an emperor and getting shot down.

Entirely short-term thinking.

Or he tells his base unlike every other politician they have ever known, he tried to keep his promises, like the good lil hand president he is, but those evil awful Democrats got in his way. He can still say this even if the Republicans were standing right next to them blocking him and claim how awful they are too or the Republicans will just roll over.

It doesn’t really matter what he does most the time, just what he says and what Fox News says. His entire shtick is short-term thinking.

This. It’s all posturing.

It is win, Trump got not only a lot less than $5.7B he was asking for but less than $1.6 Billion he had agreed to before Right Wing media mob got to him and causing the shutdown.

$1.375 is less than 1.6 Billion and the Democrats got a something they wanted restrictions on the number of people ICE could detain. In what world isn’t that a win???

You would have been sorry. They’re tacky shitholes.

Not surprised. Probably more than I would want to pay, too.

OH, and the White House reached out to Fox Commentators:

The worst fucking possible reality. I want off this shitty ride.

What if he asked for $50 billion but only got $5.7 billion? Still a win for us?

What if he got seven cents? Still a loss for loser caving Democrats?

(I mean, the question cuts both ways. You know that, right?)

Yes. We don’t win anything if we don’t get anything.

What some of us want is to spend as little as possible on the dumb wall and to avoid another shutdown.

Yes, exactly.