US Government Shutdown Watch: 2018 Edition. More Bricks in the Wall?

Looks like the universe is going to f the rest of us over by having RBG drop dead instead

So this is one “experts” opinion on what could happen in the near future.

“We’ll be in no man’s land,” Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody’s Analytics, told NBC News.

If the worst were to happen, experts say the devastating impact would be widespread:

• 38 million low-income Americans lose food stamps
  • 6 million face an uncertain timetable for collecting tax refunds
  • 2 million without rental assistance and facing possible eviction
  • 800,000 paycheck-less federal employees plunged into dire financial straits
  • Shuttered parks and museums while overstressed airports cause tourism to tank
  • Federal court system slows to a crawl
  • Disaster relief money doesn’t get to storm-ravaged areas
  • Lapsed FDA and EPA inspections lead to dangerous outbreaks
  • Private companies looking to go public are stuck in limbo
  • Stock market plummets

38m people losing food stamps is a fucking crisis. What happens when 10% of the country doesn’t have food?

I’m sure prices will quickly drop due to over-supply. So really, this will be a big win for everybody.

How are you going to keep running BSG games if you have a THIRD kid? Have you thought this through??

Frankly, it was pretty thoughtless of Craig to go and get another one going without consulting us* first.

* Where us is to be taken as "people who have any idea how to participate in the forum BSG games, which does not include me

Is it wrong of me to hope that they devour the rich?

Oh boy, the United States’ very own Tenescowri! If Trump tries to create some Children of the Dead Seed to join his Cabinet, I’m officially out of this country.

Warning: The rich have been determined to cause cancer.

Oh, there’s a subplot I didn’t want to remember

Strawberries were $2.99/lb this morning which is unheard of in the winter.

Serious note, if you are actually interested, it’s pretty easy! And play pace is usually 4-6 weeks to finish (unless RNGesus decides to completely hose team human.)

It’s one of those things where, when a new thread started a few times, I’d look, see the players had already been chosen somehow, and decided I probably wouldn’t have the time/attention span to follow an existing thread until player selection or whatever happened, so I just quietly ignored them.

Not in a bitter way, more of a “Ah, there is that thing that exists that seems neat, over there, far away” kind of way :)

Aaaand now all the pieces - Trump saying he’s going to use the military to build the wall, threatening to remove California’s FEMA funds, saying he’s going to declare a national emergency etc. - snap into place. In the stupidest possible way, of course.

President Donald Trump has been briefed on a plan that would use the Army Corps of Engineers and a portion of $13.9 billion of Army Corps funding to build 315 miles of barrier along the U.S.-Mexico border, according to three U.S. officials familiar with the briefing.

The money was set aside to fund projects all over the country including storm-damaged areas of Puerto Rico through fiscal year 2020, but the checks have not been written yet and, under an emergency declaration, the president could take the money from these civil works projects and use it to build the border wall, said officials familiar with the briefing and two congressional sources.

The plan could be implemented if Trump declares a national emergency in order to build the wall and would use more money and build more miles than the administration has requested from Congress.

Armando definitely needs to join. The more people that don’t know what they’re doing, the better my chances of actually surviving on either side!

Also, congrats Craig!

All because Limbaugh and Coulter were mean to him. Poor, criminal, moron.

This is the day he became… an even bigger douchebag than he was yesterday.

Well, Lindsey, you craven POS, you never get to criticize any future Democrat potential abuse of power, then. Ever.

Will that end the shutdown?