US Government Shutdown Watch: 2018 Edition. More Bricks in the Wall?

Seems sub-optimal.

Is that due to not being able to pay informants?

Yep, sadly.

FBI agents also reporting that they can’t even do routine stuff like file subpoenas so a bunch of in-progress investigations are on hold.

You’re seeing Trump’s (utterly predictable) moronic destructiveness in full flower now. Citizens need to pressure their congressional reps before Trump forces a societal collapse.

Trump will be the last to see that things are going south. I guess it’s really in McConell’s hands though, and he is more Lawful Evil.

I need to give so much money to Armando’s field trip.

You appear to have misspelled “purposeful”.

Both can be true. Hey, who am I to say,the great people of MI, PA, WI, OH, FL, etc are getting exactly what they wanted. Right up the ass.

Good news for Trump! Federal Courts shut down Feb 1st.

Yep. Trump has Al Capone’s/ John Gotti’s dream gig.

Call your congressional reps. The country is on the brink.

But wait, I was assured that US Federal Government employees are a bunch of lazy grifters looting the products of the honest toil of billionaires?!
I do know of at least one, however, who happens to live at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Both my Senators and my Rep are Dems, so I think they’re already on the right side here.

Then maybe they shouldn’t have gone out of their way to elect a fascist. Fuck the FBI. They deserve it and worse.

I’ll go ahead and assume you’re venting out of frustration and lack of clarity for not understanding that an FBI office in New York City does not necessarily stand for the entire Department of Justice.

Their hands aren’t clean by any means, but it’d be cool if they were doing things like continuing to investigate domestic terrorism and hate groups, for instance. “They deserve it” seems a bit of a misplaced area to express anger at an organization which, for all its faults, is basically charged with keeping large numbers of Americans safe.

Not as sad as I thought initially. When I read lost I thought they meant dead in the ground and that made my heart very sad. It’s still bad though.

Drown it in a bathtub, amirite?

Here’s what kind of morning it’s been for Republicans on Capitol Hill so far today.

(Or, a twitter story, in multiple parts.)

“Hey, I wonder how things are looking for us ahead of the big Senate vote?”

“Let’s see…”

“Oh.”

“Eh; Nobody’s really paying that much attention to the shutdown though.”

“Yecccch.”

“Oh wait, another tweet just landed.”

Spoiler alert: Crime is already at a historic low.

More polls. That 43% number is wild.