Used Hardware for Sale Thread!

I checked with @tomchick and he seemed open to the idea, so lets give it a try.

In this thread you can post used working hardware you want to sell, be it PC parts / a Laptop / old Console or Handheld / Phones / Camera’s or whatever. The main idea here is you’d rather sell it to a forum member that you know will appreciate it rather than some stranger on ebay.

A general rule of thumb should be that the overall experience is equal to selling something to your best friend.

Points to consider:

• Make sure it works!
  • Make sure it hasn’t been abused!
  • Post pictures of it!
  • Post a price you are willing to sell it for, and if you are willing to negotiate said listed price.
  • Mention if you are covering shipping, or you want the buyer to cover shipping. Mention how far you are willing to ship it (out of state / country) And who the shipping service will be!
  • Make sure there is package tracking or delivery confirmation.
  • Mention your desired method of payment. Paypal is my default go to, not sure of what else is out there.
  • Keep in communication until the deal is done, the item is in the buyers hands and they are satisfied.

The entire experience should be a positive one for both buyer and seller! If anyone else can think of good points to add , I will updated this list.

Will Tom arbitrate disputes?

To use a phrase from Tom’s favorite ancient language, Caveat Emptor

I’ll be posting some stuff later this week/weekend.

Gotta look through that cave that used to be my office.

Great idea @lordkosc. Since you have are way ahead of me, I’m looking forward to seeing some good prices from you on old hardware for you, which will be a hardware improvement for me. Rock bottom prices!

I have an old Compaq PC with Windows XP and an AMD Sempron 3000+ if anyone wants to buy it. No monitor.

So nextgen.

I just snagged an RX 580 off the local swap board, so I’ve got an RX 470 for sale. I figured I’d offer it up here to my Qt3 friends first before listing it back on that local board.

Make me an offer!

Yep I started the thread and was going to offer up my GTX1080 for sale, but my new card was defective, so it will be a bit before I list my card. Sorry gents.

@Gladguy and @YakAttack you should list some kinda price, no one wants to get an insultingly low* offer.

*someone offers $1 shipped! :D

I’ve got some DDR3 desktop DIMMs for sale.

EDIT: Sold the 16GBs.

Summary

First: Matched pair of 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Crucial Ballistix for a total of 16GB.

$65 shipped to the continental US.

Second: Matched pair of 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz Crucual Vengence for a total of 8GB.

$35 shipped to the continental US.

Interested parties should DM me.

Is there a market for old RAM? I have old crap I don’t know what to do with, like always.

There is nothing wrong with it. I just call it crap because I feel like it shouldn’t just be recycled… there’s nothing wrong with it.

I am interested, but sadly, with so much going on in life, I can’t take you up on the offer (I still need to double check that they would work with my build). I hope they find a good home, but if they don’t, PM me in a month or two. I would pay 35 for the two 4 gb sticks.

So this post originally talked about a 980 Ti, but then a guy at work wanted it, so…

I’ll have an i7-7770K and fancy Asus motherboard available around the end of this month. Stay tuned. :)

This thread is dangerous for me. I don’t have the time to build a new machine, nor really the money, and even the three new games I am playing this year don’t even remotely need it. . .

. . . but my graphics card, CPU, mobo, and RAM are all five years old!! Shouldn’t I need to swap them all out! Rargh!

I dunno if I’d pop a 10xx series card into a pc that old, but 9 series would be a big upgrade no doubt.

TBH the 4670K would still be a beast if I’d stop being a lazy fucker, disassemble the whole rig, and mount the cooler straight so I could overclock it.

The only thing I really need is RAM so I can do some more ray-tracing.

I don’t suppose anyone has a stand alone numpad they would like to get rid of. Something under 7 dollars?

You mean like this:

Do they not sell them anymore?

The do, but nothing decent for less then 7 dollars. Besides, I am always looking to recycle.

As the guy at the renfaire says, Reuse, Reduce and Recycle!