Valerian - Luc Besson, The Enchantress, and a Dane

Yeah, I read or heard somewhere they leaned heavily on the film doing well to support their other projects.

Before Netflix swooped in with the rumors of buying EuropaCorp outright, the word was Amazon was just going to buy some franchises from Europa. Amazon and EuropCorp have done business in the past, and EuropaCorp does own the Taken (or Tooken, as I like to say it) and the Transporter series.

Same here. It was stupid beautiful fun.

Yeah. It was creative. Honestly most things beyond the lead actors? I liked. The shopping mall in particular.

Very behind the times on the Netflix discussion above, but anyway, this might be relevant. Hard to see them staying afloat for much longer.

Europacorp%20results

Cela leur semble très mauvais. Triste comment un film peut foutre en l’air.

Omelette du fromage.

‘omelette of the cheese’? don’t get it.

In their defense the lower case a and d look similar in many fonts.

Or alternately, just tell them ‘Il y’a une vache’

It says “Romans go home.”

For me it comes from a Dexter’s Lab episode in which Dexter tries to learn French and fails, learning only the phrase “omelette du fromage” (cheese omelette, basically). I won’t tell the rest of the episode, but it’s worth watching. ;)

Which came from a 1978 Steve Martin sketch.

Those French have a different word for every thing!

I got higher quality entertainment out of a few minutes of omelette du fromage than the entire Valerian movie.

“What happened, what happened?”

“He spoke French.”

-Tom

I do hope not, my world is better with luc besson making movies he likes.

Oh ok. Yes that was fun but uh… is the grammatical error intentional or…? It should be ‘au’ not ‘du’. The dangers of learning a language from non native speaking robots I guess…!

Yep, I’m left wondering what could have been if they hadn’t had such a dud as the male lead. Baffling choice to put that much reliance on such a charisma-free actor.

Yeah, it’s part of the joke. ;)