Valheim - a viking multiplayer exploration and survival game by Coffee Stain

Totally agree, and the inventory bloat is real. Even the item that raises your carry limit takes a slot. ARGGGHH.

I have learned to love the portal.

Once you have a few dungeon clear, and later a mob, you will get a steady supply of cores. Dwarf eyes are dang near infinite. Fine wood is more limited, but still plentiful. And you can break down unused portals.

On my new save, solo, no cheat, no help, no using other save, items from friend challenge. I make mini outposts everywhere. Then expand out clearing in a circle around them. Put a chest (or three) at the portal, and enough items to give some rested buff. Not max buff, but enough that you will be full of inventory before you run out. Then ferry everything to chests, and when the area is cleaned out portal back everything but metal. Optional (break portal) and run it back with last load of any metal. Or if metal out, decon portal and pack it to move a days walk further out.

This gets more useful when you start using items that require upgraded forges to sharpen. Portal-Sharp-Portal back.

Once I’m done with this self challenge I am definitely looking up a store to nearby boxes button. A harvest all plants in range would also be nice as hands are going arthritic now.

There is a bigger chest … you mean a bigger bigger chest?