Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth Something or Other

Right, because that’s exactly what I did. Oh wait, no it’s not.

But no matter what anyone else says I guess we should all take your word as gospel that VP is a “classic” because…you’re Kitsune…or whatever.

Go ahead and not like Valkyrie Profile. Fine with me.

This is, rather obviously, not the case.

But by asserting that you can ascertain whether or not the game deserves it classic status, you are giving yourself a level of authority you do not have. The fact is, it already has attained that level. You don’t have a say in this, and neither do I. It’s already been decided.

Oops, I guess I shouldn’t have missed that meeting.

The game need not have an equal reception from all parts of the world [in order to be considered a classic.]

Right, because once again that’s exactly what I said. Except I didn’t say anything like that.

(and besides manipulating who thinks what about the game, generalizing it and then attributing the opposite opinion to a minority is a cowardly thing you do because you know you don’t have a leg to stand on).

Come again? Manipulating who thinks what about the game? Did you not say this:

No worries, VP will forever be one of the shining lights of console RPGs and still holds its hallowed place in the pantheon of classics with aplumb.

I mean, you didn’t bring jesus into the equation like I did, but I figured hey, jesus makes everything better, so why not?

And speaking of manipulating what other people say:

You’re right, it’s just nerdcore backlash

Anyone considering this game should keep in that Moggraider’s opinion is wrong and that he is suffering Swelled Opinion Syndrome

Someone is definitely making a few generalisations about other people’s opinions. Here’s a hint: that person isn’t me.

So if you are done being thoroughly unintelligent in every way, you can go back to failing to even criticize the consistency of the drool that is slobbering from your cretinous mouths.

Oh shit, watch it there partner, you might hurt my feelings.

Seriously though, I don’t care enough to have a big flame war. I’m sorry my opinion doesn’t agree with your own. I’ll try to make sure this doesn’t happen in the future.

I missed the part of this thread that evidently turned Kitsune into a screaming ball of anger. WTF?

It’s part of Sharpe’s devious plan.

Oh he does this all the time. I once recommended the Star Ocean 3 strat guide for item recipe tables on this forum…oh boy did that one uncage the inner beast.

You may not have noticed, but that happens whenever anyone disagrees with one of his opinions.

And he contends that Dig Dug DS is the penultimate use of the DS’s dual screens.

I feel that maybe we should all just get off of Kitsunes back, man.

Don’t stand between the grinder and his wheel, Mr McMaster.

http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?p=639469#post639469

TERRENCE’S VOTE:
x Valkrie Profile
___ Jesus

I beleive Doug Erickson pimped it as the greatest PS1 RPG of all time.

That’s the HOLY TRINITY OF OBJECTIVE VIDEO GAME CRITICISM, bro!

The complaints about “not enough time to explore” haven’t abused the skull-crushingly obvious “Load Game” trick. Just save your game before entering a town, the load the game once you’re done exploring. No Period Penalty! DUH! :)

The dialogue and story of the American translation owns every EA/Square/Enix RPG story I’ve ever suffered. Dialogue can be sped through (though not completely ignored). Missed bits of dialogue can be revisited by scrolling through it with the L1 button. Worst-case-scenario, download a FAQ that includes the dialogue.

The voice acting is superior to almost every PS1 title I’ve played, ave MEtal Gear Solid and a few other games.

I had nothing to do with this.

Feel free to share something Kit and I can shoot down, then.

Seriously, I’m still amazed by the things in VP that bother mainstream JRPG fans. For me, it’s a dense, action-heavy RPGs with plenty of strategic elements that amtter, and little of the brain-dead grinding we get in so many other JRPGs.

Kitsune’s more of a mainstream JRPG dude than I, but we both love VP’s achievements.

So did anyone like actually buy this game or what?

I don’t have the inkling to purchase a $180 used PSP. Yet. I dump a bunch a GC games and bring the game to the next anime club meeting. Someone’ll lend me their PSP for a few hours :)

You coulda just said no.

Where the hell do you think you are? No one buys and plays games around here, all we do is complain about them.

I was going to buy it anyway, then borrow someone’s PSP. So “no”, wouldn’t have been accurate?

Personally, I’m seriously worried about the blurriness and load times. The former may make combat unneccsarily difficult. The latter may test my tolerance for menu management. The 1-hour prologue will be a non-issue for me, since I’m at least warned.

What? Lawls lawls. VP is anything but strategic. It’s fun, but not strategic. Pretty much the only thing that matters in battle is timing your characters’ attacks so that you can break enemies’ guards. Hell, we’re talking about a game where multiple bosses can literally, literally be killed with a single blow just because you have the anti-dragon sword.

I pre-ordered it (and Blade Dancer), and got such a sweet deal through a place that is shipping it out that it was worth it to wait the few days … but it isn’t in stores yet anyway.

Mike

I picked it up last night and I am gonna prolly check it out tonight when I get home. I saw blade dancer but I hadnt heard anything about it so I decided to wait on that for now.