Valorant - Riot Games’ Counterstrike Overwatch

If I applied that logic to every day life I don’t think there’s many places on Earth I could choose to live. I mean there’s tornados, earthquakes, hurricanes, wildfires. All kinds of things could go wrong.

In this case, like anything you allow internet access to, there’s always the chance something bad could happen. But I prefer at least trying to be reasonable about it than to Chicken Little the living shit out of it.

But if people want to pretend a game developer is some mustache twirling Bond villain that’s cool.

At the end of the day it’s just a silly game and entertainment and everyone will make their own choice. I don’t really have a horse in that race, but I do find it fascinating to see the conclusions people leap to.

Edit - Just to add, this is basically what many CS players wish Valve had done a decade or more ago. Valve chose not to host high performance servers and to limit their anticheat due to outcry about privacy issues. So what happened? You ended up with 3rd party services like ESEA and Faceit which both feature both of those things at a price. You recall the ESEA bitcoin mining thing?

It seems to me that Riot is trying to keep this under their control instead of shrugging and letting others fill that demand. But again, it’s just a game and if you choose not to play it’s your call if you want to or not.