Valorant - Riot Games’ Counterstrike Overwatch

I’ve been giving it a shot. I like it!

This game has made me realize very quickly how my twitch shooter days are long over.

They must be, as it is correct form to blame lag or cheaters for any loss in a fps.

It’s not an arena fps. You don’t usually need to be incredibly fast if you learn the angles.

Not to say that you are required to like it, but it really doesn’t require anything crazy aim wise.

It still takes some precision, but so far it feels like it is something learnable. I really really like the ‘stop and shoot’ model. None of this silly bunny-hopping gameplay.

Hopping around like a maniac is really easy in this, but you won’t be shooting people while doing it unless you’re right up in their face.

90% is just learning the angles, crosshair placement and using your ears and the minimap.

It’s off to a very good start honestly.

Yeesh.

Riot gonna Riot.

Progression arrows have been ditched in favour of a progress bar showing how close you are to ranking up. Rank Rating (RR) values have also been tweaked, and a demotion protection system will now give you one last chance to salvage your rank at 0RR before crashing down a stage.

Valorant will also be getting regional leaderboards for the top 500 “Radiant” players, as well as “Immortal” players—the three previous Immortal ranks now compressed into one rank representing the top 1% of players in each region. You’ll need at least 50 competitive games to qualify for a spot, while those already on the leaderboards will need to play at least one game a week to keep their place.

Valorant is actually pretty rad. I dig the aesthetic, seems like a good community, the abilities are not overpowered vs the weapons, which I like. It’s a clear ripoff of counterstrike, but, whatever, it’s fun. :)

I just played a match where we lost 6-13 in Icebox, but during the countdown timer someone would always somehow start this techno R&B groove and we would all get around and dance. I haven’t had this much fun losing in a long time. I was also not the worst player on the team, which was sort of scary seeing as it was my third match ever.