Vampire Survivors - How did no one think of this before?

Appreciate it. How about the purple one (don’t see that in the notes)?

Maybe discussion at this level of detail on non-VS games could move to a different thread?

I guess you can count me in as a new convert for this game. It’s just a never ending stream of unlocking stuff! How can I refuse?

I honestly didn’t know an Xbox game was allowed to have this many achievements.

after doing everything in VS, I fired up Soulstone Survivors, Scarlet Tower and Rogue: Genesia. (all on steam)

All three had redeeming features and I like where this genre is going.

How much time was just for that?

not sure, about a week real time but no idea gametime since I left it on over night a few times trying stuff only to find out my controller timed out since I forgot to plug it in.

Started playing this yesterday via GP on the Series X. Well, this is a lot of fun. It took a while for the rhythm of the game to click with me, though. I kept trying the first level over and over, maybe making it to 13 minutes or so- after the first horde of skeletons show up, and then the werewolves are a pain. But then I switched to doing the second level, got the bit that shows you how weapons evolve and was like ‘oooohhh, that’s what I should be aiming for’. So evolved the whip and holy water, and absolutely wrecked. So I started systematically playing each character so see what ‘their’ evolved weapon was like. Now I’m regularly getting to the end of the levels, wrecking as I go, heh. I just beat the 4th level, having evolved 4 of my six weapons (didn’t even have access to the items to do the other two). And on that note, I noticed that the two weapons I couldn’t evolve- the Laurel and the Lance, were basically what saved me on that run, despite my overwhelming firepower- like the designer knows they’re something of a crutch, and if you want that 6-evolution Achievement, you gotta get better than that, heh.

Probably not going to go down the rabbit hole of other games in this new genre, but this game is pretty tight.

How do you switch to the second level? I just keep repeating the first (Mad Forest?). I can’t see any option to choose another level. I get to the bit where you get absolutely dogpiled around 15 mins in and can’t get any further.

I didn’t remember how it happened, so I just looked it up- you get your character level to 20 (time is irrelevant). I did that and saw the unlock, but I didn’t try it for quite a while- I thought I ought to beat the first level before moving on. That was a mistake. The second level is easier in some ways, plus you get the aforementioned bit that shows how weapon Evolution works, and from there you’re off to the races.

DLC announced. I’ve more than got my 4 bucks worth on the base game. Easy day 1 purchase.

trying out yet another of the genre today, Army of Ruin. Missing the second stick aiming I got used to in Soulstone and Rogue: Genesia, but has twitch chat integration and it is kinda neat having chat vote on upgrades in real time.

I’m a late comer to this, but man. Can’t believe I wasted all that time playing other games this year when I could have been playing this instead.

Also love that it’s basically Castlevania (essentially all the monsters, weapons, and characters) as a shmup.

I got the Final Fireworks today- had to look at a guide for the last bits. I doubt I’ll hunt up all the achievements- the idea of just trying to play to L50 with basically every character seems a bit much, but I’ll probably be back to finish those last few weapon evolutions.

I had hit a wall with this game, wondering how I was supposed to survive for x minutes or reach x level. Then, suddenly, I started unlocking weapon evolutions. That’s how I survive x minutes and reach x level! Now I’m thinking of builds ahead of time and adjusting strategies on the fly when I don’t get the level up bonuses I want. And I can do it all in 30-minute increments. I get more satisfaction at the end of a half-hour run of this than I do at the end of 99% of other, substantially longer games (RPGs, strategy games, etc.). Now if only I can figure out a way to deal with that grim reaper fellow. . .

Perfect game. No notes.

DLC “Legacy of Moonspell” is live! There’s Miang Moonspell, Menya Moonspell, Syuuto Moonspell and five other characters, and 13 new weapons and evolutions. There’s a picture of the entire Mt. Moonspell map and it looks like half a dozen “biomes” all mashed together.

…Waitasec, there’s arguably more content here than in the base game at its initial launch LOL. And cheaper. And it has the usual 10% Steam launch discount. And it’s 28% off if you get the Game + DLC which is a “complete your collection” bundle so it’s actually just $1.43??! OK this is ridiculous I just typed myself into buying this just now without even seeing any reviews - it’s been years since I’ve bought something without any research!

I would be playing it already, but Steam is doing the thing where I try to make a purchase and it doesn’t go through the first time, so I have to wait several hours to get an email saying the purchase failed so I can try again.

How do I get to Stage 2?

This isn’t a “normal” game where you got stage 1, then 2, then 3 in a single game. They are all individual, standalone stages. Each stage is considered ‘complete’ if you survive 30 minutes on it. The next stage is unlocked by some conditions so you can select it in the main menu, in the case of stage 2, you have to reach level 20 in the first stage.
Conditions for each stage

When I get stuck and/or don’t know what to do, I look at the Unlocks section to see what actions unlock what items.