Vampire Survivors - How did no one think of this before?

Heads up, new DLC coming TOMORROW

I fired it up for the first time in about a month last night, and played a character I don’t ever remember unlocking. It is great that they are adding more content.

I take it Seals are the end-game money sink?

I’ve unlocked everything else. Queen Sigma is far and away the best and crushes every level.

Mt. Moonspell at the 5 minute marker is pretty hard for regular non-OP characters. Not a lot of time to prepare and so easy to take damage and die. I hope they release more static non-infinite maps.

Wait, is this paid DLC or just a patch?

It’s free.

Not sure what happened, but when I fired up the game this morning after the patch, I felt like I had about 20 unlocks satisfied that I needed prior to the patch. I’ve only got like 5 left now.

OMG YEA!!!

Got my first kill on death today. Fun times!

Confession;
I’d put a good dozen hours into the game before I realized all the gold wasn’t just to unlock characters and the power ups button wasn’t just a list of unlocks I’d achieved through evolving weapons. It’s amazing how much easier it got after that, lol.

Looks like the theme is just straight up High Fantasy this time. For 1.99 USD I am in.

The first DLC Legacy of the Moonspell was based on Japanese myth. I like the tanooki character that has to hoist his “unit” up and sling it over his back and even then it still hangs down awfully close to the ground.

I did it all for tanooki!

(what!)

1 Like

Sorry, spelling fail. Tanuki

Anyone find some good VS clones?

Funnily enough, I just got an email for a new ‘Survivors-like’ bundle. No idea if these are any good though -

I’ve put over 20 hours into Army of Ruin by the folks who made the Ziggurat games.

It starts off slow, but once it gets going with some unlocks, it surpasses VS, at least for me. Great soundtrack, polished graphics, a unique special ability for each character, greater variety of enemy patterns, a host of mini quests like slaying all the optional bosses in a level, and a shorter playing time (10, 15, or 20 minutes) for each run. Plus each level ends with a unique final boss. Oh, and there are like 160+ unlocks.

It’s EA, so there are only four maps, but each one feels unique. There’s one where you play in a toy robot factory that’s my favorite level of any VS-like game.

I liked the demo of Yet Another Zombie Survivors. It’s got the dumbest name and it looks like ass, but it done hooked me.

I also think it’s kinda cute that you’re building a party instead of just collecting items.

(I should add the demo is still up, I just don’t know how to link to it)

I’ve played all of these other than Repetendium and enjoyed them all. Great bundle if you’re into this genre.

I enjoy Boneraiser Minions:

It’s got way more dick jokes than VS.