Vampire Survivors - How did no one think of this before?

Started playing this a few days ago, and went hog wild on the second level - the library. Unlocked some combos with the boomarang and holy vespers. Made it to level 60, and then accidently died after a freeze when i got too near some enemies who unfroze and got me before i could melt them.

What a spectacular game

One question - on one of my first games when I figured out treasure chests I had 3 or 4 that gave me 3 items and lotsa cash.

I have not seen that occur since. What makes the chests give more items… +luck I presume?

Yes, +luck helps, but it is still RNG to a large extent.

I’ve recently started playing this! I put it off for so long because it looked like nonsense. HOW WRONG I WAS.

I’ve figured out I need them to evo something, as it’s basically the only thing left (and has two slots) and the text literally tells you, but it didn’t work. So I assumed I must level them. But I can’t level them up in time! I can barely pick up the silver and gold rings before the 30m timer hits, let alone start getting levels on them both. Is there a best level for this? e.g. one that’s small?

You can buy mounts that clip onto controllers that you put your phone in. There’s lots on amazon, so lots of people must do it!

Something I’m not a fan of is that I don’t want to use the wiki, but the game doesn’t explain a lot of things and seems to want you to brute force it. Sure, the unlocks give hints what to do next, but for things like evolutions etc it’s clearly after you trying all the combinations, which kinda sucked.

Ha ha ha, one of us, one of us!!

I bought this on Steam and the Xbox (to get the expansions) after playing it on PC Gamepass.

Unfortunately, I keep having an error on xbox related to saving the game, so I lose progress after a level. Which sucks, because playing this on the big TV is great

You guys know about the hidden red gem mechanic?

If you go for a while killing things without picking up gems, none of that XP is actually lost. Say you are moving in one direction towards something and you got no time for gem collecting. How it works is all this uncollected kill XP is actually stored in a red gem slightly off screen from your position at any given time. A lot of times there will be multiple red gems. One of them is storing a fat stack of XP if you haven’t been collecting gems but are still killing stuff like crazy.

It’s also why you might have noticed why you level up like crazy sometimes for no reason. This is the reason. You’ve collected the red gem that is storing all the unclaimed kill XP.

I wondered how those spectacular moments happened

On the second map I maxed out my.power.upgrades and died 7 seconds before the end.

Does the game scale up to more upgrades or more items as you progress? Or is primarily the mixing and matching of items to see what happens?

Some of those items can be combined, freeing up slots. Otherwise no.

I’ve already 100% the game. So my end game activities have mostly included:

Clearing maps using only one weapon + limit break. You’ll be surprised just how broken a single weapon can get AKA Santa Water!

Clearing maps starting with the card from the Arcana deck - Wicked Season. The one that rotates bonuses and curse every like 10 seconds. This can be combined with the above for additional challenge. But Wicked Season is also a massive level accelerator IF you can survive. Again, try Santa Water! (and don’t you dare evolve it! Seal the evolution)

BTW if you didn’t know, Santa Water is OP AF.

Also the best passives are always:

• Empty Tomb (+faster cooldown)
  • Spinach (+damage)
  • Candelabrador (+AoE)
  • Crown (+XP)
  • Duplicator (+ 2 to Projectiles)
  • Torrona’s Box (+damage, +AoE, +projectile speed, +duration but 100% curse at level 9 so you SHOULD banish it at the final level unless you want extra challenge)

Duplicator is not one of the best passives in a lot of runs - there’s a cap on the number of projectiles a weapon can fire at once, and limit break will get you there pretty quickly, especially in single-weapon runs. Better to go for more duration on the Santa Water, or more projectile speed on most other weapons.

I have limit break, as well as frenzy and the other fast-sounding mode on offer. But I’ve touched none of them as the game doesn’t explain any of them, I’m avoiding the wiki at all costs, and I’m already busy enough working my way down the list of unlocks to explore them.

Would things get unlocked faster if I explored them?

Also, other than the wiki , how would you find out about projectile caps etc. Does the game present this information somehow?

Vampire Survivors really doesn’t require min/maxing. You’re going to get overpowered one way or another.

I’ll be darned, I’ve been wondering about that. I figured it was a luck thing.

Nope. I learned this stuff through trial and error.

That said, I also played the game extensively during early access, so I had a lot of time to learn stuff through trial and error.

Super cool profile of Luca Galante and Vampire Survivors

It mostly depends if I am doing Wicked Season or not. Also it’s a much needed early boost rather than a later one.

I’ve won solo-weapon inverse runs on multiple maps with Wicked Season and as many other curse sources as I can fit in my build. Duplicator wouldn’t have helped those runs.

Depends on the weapon but basically I can go duplicator, duration, or projectile speed. Duplicator just has had the earliest impact at the start when I am just trying to survive.

It is the weakest of the core six I mentioned.