Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines II

The composer of Bloodlines 1, Rik Schaffer, is returning for the sequel. That was such a fantastic moody score!

Mitsoda, Avellone, Schafferā€¦ Theyā€™re literally getting the band back together.

Metaphorically literally.

But, are any of us really the same people we were 15 years ago? I mean, in that amount of time we have probably shed and regrown half of our bodiesā€™ cells.

There is a lot of great stuff there, thanks. Not so sure about the ā€œno Questmarkersā€ thing. In the original it kinda worked because the hubs where small with distinct places. I just realized I still remember the layout of the first hub pretty good. Have played this game so often. Anyway, with the trend of making everything bigger I am a tad worried. I donā€™t have the time I had 15 years ago and even back then I made extensive use of GameFAQs to find stuff.

Heh, and that was the most exciting of those bullet points for me! Provided thereā€™s clues or something to send you in the right direction I think itā€™s a good way of making you engage with the environment, characters and situations more. It also throws up more ā€˜secretā€™ quests. Itā€™s one of the things that made Anachronox so much fun to me a few years back because there was no mini-map, just a journal containing scraps of info.

I havenā€™t been this excited about a game release in a veery long time. And we donā€™t have to worry about Activision sending it out to die, either!

This announcement finally got me to start playing the original Bloodlines. Only a couple hours in but already enjoying it a lot; Iā€™ve owned it for years but it was always one of those games Iā€™d get to eventually.

Looks like Iā€™ll be able to have quite a lot of fun trying different builds which will hopefully keep me busy right until this releases.

Using any mods or going in stock?

Just reinstalled myself, and I of course added Wespā€™s unofficial mod. Heā€™s still going. The latest is from last month!

Does that come with any new bloodlines?

I didnā€™t read the latest version notes. It is (supposedly) compatible with Clan Quest 4.0, though, which definitely does.

Iā€™ll play it without mods at least the first time through. Even just in the tiny bit Iā€™ve read about the game though Wesp and Clan Quest have been mentioned multiple times so Iā€™ll likely look at those next time through.

I donā€™t mod my games too often though, and only ever check out the really frequently mentioned or highly rated mods.

Thereā€™s a version of the Wesp patch that is primarily a patch rather than a mod. You get offered the choice when you install. The Wesp ā€œplusā€ Patch is a mod, which I enjoy.

I do actually recommend using the latest Wesp Patch in itā€™s basic mode, even on a first play through b/c sadly despite my great love for VTMB it was in fact a buggy mess, and even with the official patch, itā€™s not 100% smooth and reliable. Also, the Wesp basic patch includes a built in high res mode which I consider essential for widescreen monitors.

As Sharpe said, above, get Wespā€™s Unofficial Patch. Use the basic version (the installer will give you the option). The game still has bugs otherwise.

Apparently Iā€™m using the Wesp patch anyway as I got it on GoG and according to the forums there the Wesp Patch (not plus) is integrated into the GoG version. So I am using one ā€œmodā€ unknowingly! Perfect, no work on my part at all.

Are malkavians back in? You always have to reserve one play through for them, though probably not the firstā€¦

One manā€™s obsession is another manā€™s tuna casserole.

I never did replay it as a Malkavian.

The one co-worker who shares an office with me literally mentioned the first game Fri afternoon and we both opined on how weā€™d loved it in different ways. And then I came home and saw the sequelā€™s announcement.

The first place through was Malkavians. I should have waited. So much foreshadowing.

Many years ago, I tried a mod that added the Ravnos, but it didnā€™t seem completely ā€˜bakedā€™.