Veep, aka, You're Not Even Your Mom's Favorite Jonah

Oh good deal. Very cool.

So far enjoying season 6, I am half way thru. I feel its been better than season 5.

Loved Jonah messing up daylight savings time.

Finished up season 6, overall it was alright, there were a few good moments but it feels the show is starting to repeat stuff just for cringe worthy laughs.

Jonah for president should be entertaining in season 7.

Anyone catch last night? I haven’t subbed to HBO yet, waiting for GOT to start. But I heard it was good.

It was good! I hate every character. They’re plumbing new depths of awful. The show is great :)

Huh. I’d kinda broken up with this show. And Ioved it previously. But then it just started feeling like it was going off the rails.

Maybe I’ll give it another shot.

-xtien

To enjoy this show, you have to accept that it’s so far off the rails, you can’t even see the rails from there ;)

Glad to hear it! :D

My girlfriend and I loved this episode, but we’re both aware we may have just been relieved to take a break from our dutiful slog through the latest, awful, season of Arrested Development.

Same boat, but I checked it out and was pleasantly surprised.

So should I skip the previous season, or catch up?

Catch up! Just embrace the over-the-top awful that is all the main characters.

(I really like this show, so maybe I’m the wrong person to answer)

It’s not the awfulness of the characters I object to, quite the opposite. I love shows about awful people, especially Iannucci or Davis-penned ones. It’s that it went off the rails writing-wise when Iannucci stopped writing it.

Well, the plotlines also become decreasingly plausible, if those are the rails at issue. The show is ridiculous from any perspective. But fun :)

I agree, until November 2016 when Veep’s plotlines and characters became all too plausible, and dare I say, realistic.

So, your prediction for the winner is President Jonah?

I… actually, that’s a pretty solid bet.

Solid 2nd episode, though the premiere worked better for me.

They can’t take Richard away from us. I have to believe that by the end of season he’ll have somehow parlayed his new position into becoming President of the United States.

Since I got Hulu/HBO this month for Game of Thrones, I’m also catching up on Veep. I was going to avoid until the positive comments above.

I watched the first two episodes after Salina was voted out of office, which happen a year later. I have to admit, it does seem the show is more mean-spirited, but at the same time, it is still wickedly funny. Especially the black character, I think his name is Richard; he gets the funniest lines.

Richard Splet is somewhere between Leslie Knope and Forest Gump. He’s great :)