Vice City sound track

I’ve never been so excited about a game just because of its sound track:

http://www.vicecityradio.com/

Licensed sound tracks are a dime a dozen in games these days, but this one seems like it was selected with such care…

Well, I already own about 30 CDs worth of 80’s music, so it’s seriously unlikely I’ll need this set.

The whole 80’s music trend is REALLY old now, considering I met my wife at “Save New Wave” night circa 1994. In fact, her first words to me were “You’re doing the Safety Dance wrong”. No, I’m not kidding.

I am disappointed that so much of the soundtrack is licensed, widely available songs-- I preferred the original parody songs and obscure (Scarface soundtrack) songs in GTA3. Picking a bunch of 80’s tunes is so… obvious.

Still, the 80’s songs fit the era (and therefore the game) and I’m sure it will be done with the same amazing quality as the GTA3 soundtrack. I can’t help feeling a bit disappointed just the same.

They keep the local 80s radio station playing all the time where I work. It so sad, there are so many aging thirtysomethings desperately clinging to the glory of their youths out there that they can support their own broadcast stations. It wouldn’t be so bad, there’s good music to be found in every epoch, but the playlist is so small. The same songs every day. Never changes. And I’ve never heard them play any Violet Femmes. 'S a fucking crime, you ask me. Mostly they play the bad pop crap, not the actual lasting, good stuff.

Have to agree with Brad; it’s like the next decade’s version of that goddamn station that plays nothing but Foghat and Led Zeppelin for bored construction workers.

So when are they going to release it for PC? I won’t stand the PS2 version. TOO MANY JAGGIES! Like 640x480 resolution. Stupid PS2. Its prettier on PC. Bastages.

Also, wouldn’t it be cool if they had a version where you can combine VC with the original? Then you’d have a HUGE city!

etc

And a time machine!

Has anyone even looked at the station listings? It’s a pretty amazing collection of styles. I mean, can anyone name another game which includes Lonnie Liston Smith’s “Expansions”?

The whole 80’s music trend is REALLY old now.

Were you so busy counting your prized collection of 80s music that you couldn’t stop to think about what a ridiculous sentence that is?

-Ron

I agree with wanting less licensed music and more dead-on original parodies.

But then again, Laslo on the Rock station. That’s what I was waiting to hear :)

Has anyone even looked at the station listings? It’s a pretty amazing collection of styles. I mean, can anyone name another game which includes Lonnie Liston Smith’s “Expansions”?

The only interesting station (read: the only station not playing well known 80’s songs) is that spanish one. I clicked on all of 'em, listened to the sample, and read the description of the sample tracks, so unless I missed something…

Were you so busy counting your prized collection of 80s music that you couldn’t stop to think about what a ridiculous sentence that is?

What’s ridiculous about it? As pointed out by others, you can hear these 80’s songs on the playlist of any local 80’s radio station today. It isn’t exactly interesting any more-- it’s verging on Dick Clark oldies territory.