Video Capture on ATI with dual monitors?

Anyone know how to get this to work?
Using an ATI 7500 All in Blunder AGP and an ATI 7500 PCI for the second monitor. As soon as I try to use the video in I get an error, or no video in the VGA window.

About to try dual Nvidia cards, GF4 with TV in/out and a TNT2 for the second monitor.

Personally, I think this is a huge hassle to have to go through. The dual-head cards make this so much easier that it’s no comparison.

Sell your two cards on ebay and buy a cheap GeForce 4 Ti4200 with dual head capability.

http://www.googlegear.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=324014

Spoof, I have one of these but can’t figure something out. do you have to have a TV or LCD with a digital connection for this to work? Do they have adapters so I can just hook up a second CRT?

Spoof, I have one of these but can’t figure something out. do you have to have a TV or LCD with a digital connection for this to work? Do they have adapters so I can just hook up a second CRT?[/quote]

If you have a card with a VGA port and a DVI port you can still use two CRT’s. You need a VGA(f) to DVI(m) adapter. You can get these adapters online for about 20 bucks, although unfortunately I’ve never seen them in stores.

Here’s one for instance.

http://www.cablesnmor.com/dvi-vga-adapter.html

Interestingly, the DVI adapter has been designed specifically to allow both digital and analog output. Quite a connector if you asked me!

:D

The All-in-Wonder cards don’t support two VGA outputs, just a VGA and a composite/S-Video.

Putting in a GF4 Ti4200 isn’t a substitute since it doesn’t have the tuner/VIVO features of the AIW.

What Denny said.

Tried the GF4 DVIO with a Tnt2 PCI worked no problemo.SAdly I need good VGA support under 360x240 for the program I’m using, which for some reason the NVidia WMD drivers likes to just start removing lines of video instead of doing a nice smooth scaling like ATi does. Sounds like a small thing, but the loss of frames is enough I can’t read burned in timecode.

Typical that I have yet another problem with ATi.
“We have Dual monitor support!”
“We have the best video features!”
“Oh you wanted to use both those features at the same time? Oh no no no…”
Then classic support: it must be your Motherboard(proven wrong with the nVidia setup), version of DX(Tried both 8.1 and 9.0a),Drivers (used the past 3 drivers for both video and WMD) exc exc. You have a bug ATI just admit it. Like they should be surprised by driver issues at this point.
I love ATi. Like a bullet to my head.