Video capture software for Windows 10?

Does anyone have a recommendation for video-recording software for Windows 10? Is the built-in Windows 10 Game thing good? I have an ancient copy of FRAPS somewhere, but it generates huge files. I used OBS with WIndows 7 for a while; is that still good? I looked at a list here here and I hadn’t heard of any of the candidates. I’d like to record Shadow Empire, Planetfall, and MSFS. I’d like decent quality but not huge file sizes.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered recently. I did a search and didn’t see any recent posts on the subject. Thanks in advance!

Obs or Shadow Play if you have an nvidia gpu from the last few years are probably the easiest and best free options.

Great; I’m already familiar with OBS, so I might go with that. I tried Shadow Play once and found it more difficult to use. I appreciate the help!

Video capture in Windows 10 is great for basic stuff like recording whatever game you’re playing and do an edit later. It’s particularly useful if you’re expecting some cool stuff will happen and you can simply win key + G to record at the spur of the moment.

It can’t stream to FB live, Youtube or Twitch though. For streaming purposes I’m still sticking with OBS.

OBS is the best.

I’ve been using the built-in Game Bar, it works really well and has a ton of settings. It even let’s me “DVR” footage when something crazy happens, like on a console.

Thanks for the further replies. Very helpful! I appreciate your taking the time.