Videos - YouTube and Beyond

ZZ Top’s best albums were done before they got huge and started to run their sound through some kind of echo machine. I love the basic sound on this album, Tejas (vinyl version):

By the way, there are actually five episodes of Cunk on Britain, so seek them out. Also, if this is your first exposure to Cunk (Diane Morgan), be sure to check out Cunk on Christmas, Cunk on Shakespeare, and her Moments of Wonder bits from Charlie Brooker’s Weekly Wipe

So apparently Jim Sterling is now a semi-pro wrestler.

I’m in love with this Funny or Die series that revisits the cruel actions of Zach Morris, the manipulative sociopathic protagonist, from the 1990s sitcom Saved by the Bell.

Today would have been Mel Blanc’s 110th birthday, but the world wasn’t that lucky.

True, but the man did something few ever can, he became immortal.

I wouldn’t be surprised if, 100 years from now, people still known the sound of his voice.

The tribute that Warner Bros. placed in Variety when he died was perfect:

blanc

Maybe this should go in the thread for videos we only personally enjoy…

That was awesome.

What did I just watch?
Was he trying to train the chicken to sing?
The young man actually seemed to be afraid of the chicken.
Why did he make this video?
I do not understand.

I mean, it was funny, and I did laugh out loud, and yet I do not understand why.

You’ve written essentially what I would have written about the video when I watched it too.

I still don’t have any answers. :P

So these aren’t “new” (broadcast in 1978) and were uploaded to YouTube last year,. But I’ve been looking for them for years, and just stumbled across them.

The original “Pennies from Heaven” BBC series by the legendary screen (Big and Small) writer Dennis Potter (“The Singing Detective” , “Cold Lazarus”, “Brimstone and Treacle”, “Gorky Park”, “Blue Remembered Hills”) starring Bob Hoskins (before “The Last Good Friday”), is available on YouTube. All 6 episodes of the serial.

And now for something completely different…

This may be the most random series of words I’ve ever seen strung together.
Haven’t watched it yet, but I am almost compelled, thanks to that awesome title.

Isn’t it great when you find something like that?
You have now inspired me to look for a series I remember from the 90’s, on the Sci-Fi Channel, I’m guessing. I saw a single episode then, and loved it at the time, but somehow never saw any of the others. It was called VR.5 (IMDb), and it apparently ran for 13 episodes.

Last time I searched was several years ago, and YouTube only had the pilot I think. And while it wasn’t nearly as good as I remembered, it was still a kick. And now I see that the entires series is up, albiet in very low quality.

My childhood friend and I have a shared memory of a (french?) cartoon called The Phantom (not the purple suit guy) with a woman in a stupid hat and a cape who might have been a diamond thief?

We both agree that this existed, but haven’t ever been able to find any evidence, so at this point, it may just be a shared delusion.

??

Yeah, we do both remember watching that (as Night Hood, in English) on occasion, so it’s possible that we conflated some memories from that with something else and ended up with another made up show. But we both explicitly remember the show itself being called The Phantom.

This could very easily be a Kazam situation of misrememberance though. I should watch a couple episodes of Night Hood on YouTube to see if that jogs any memories.

She might have been a one shot character in an episode that featured her extensively. Add in “childhood memory” and voila?

Yeah, I think that’s the most likely explanation, becauwe Night Hood was in the afternoon rotation of cartoons we watched, but neither of us particularly liked it, so it probably kind of seeped into our brains piecemeal.

Also, we were in Singapore, and we sometimes got alternate translations that were done by local (or Australian) studios. So specific names and things were sometimes changed in unpredictable ways.