Videos about Video Games (that are interesting)

Shiori isn’t imaginary, you delusional fool!

The PC Engine version got the best soundtrack, but a bit less content.
In all versions, getting the terrible Shiori ending is freakimpossible without having bought the strategy guide anyway. Not that it matters, the bad ending is the greatest!

This video made me laugh a lot.

I’m not a dad and these all look awful to me but I do love a good crazy/mini golf game with friends. I also did enjoy Viscera Cleanup Detail but I’m not sure how daddy that really is…

I loved the eco stuff being dropped into the lawn mowing and fishing segments too.

I enjoyed this 70 minute feature by Digital Foundry Retro about the Motorstorm series.

I’m a fan of racing games of all kind, but the Motorstorm series wasn’t for me. I didn’t like the way it played at all, but it was still worth watching this feature because I finally grok what they were going for, and how it was different from every other racing game.

There’s a section in the video when he gets to discussing the 3rd game in the series, and how you could get hung up on debris, that’s how all the Motorstorm games played for me when I rented them for my PS3. I was constantly steering into objects and geometry, and I could never drive where I wanted to drive. I mostly blamed either the 30 fps gameplay that felt … not smooth at all, or alternatively, the PS3 controller, which I feel has the worst analog stick. Even first person shooters on the PS3, I was constantly overcorrecting my aim and I just could never aim where I wanted to aim, like I could on the xbox series of controllers and the PS4 controller. So as someone who just couldn’t drive where I wanted to drive, it was kinda cool to watch almost an hour of footage of someone actually driving beautifully in Motorstorm, which is something I’ve never seen or been able to do.

Ohhh amazing, thanks for sharing!

The only thing that comes close to MotorStorm: Pacific Rift in my eyes is Wreckfest but even that is a very different beast. They’re both among my favourite racers at this point (F-Zero GX probably being king) because they’re so extreme and thrilling. I think Wreckfest has the better driving/physics model but Pacific Rift has such spectular, varied and expansive environments, and I really enjoyed the boost/heat mechanic too. I think it still looks fantastic given its age. The soundtrack also had some bangers.

Looking forward to watching this!

This reminded me I own Pacific Rift, but haven’t played it. Loaded it up and played the first earth stage and my god that was fun.

Okay just went through this Motorstorm video, it’s really great. Thank you.

I have Motorstorm Pacific Rift on original disc for my PS3 somewhere in storage. It’s also in my Launchbox archive emulated with RPCS3 but I suspect there are a few things about it that aren’t properly emulated since it’s a fairly demanding game but it looks nice at least scaled up a bit and running at a smooth 60FPS.

So after playing a few levels of Pacific Rift yesterday, I’ve pretty much fallen in love. I found an affordable copy of Motorstorm Complete on eBay and totally ordered it, and now am cruising for a copy of Apocalypse. I love this whole asymmetric racing thing. It’s so chaotic.

I actually had Arctic Edge on my Vita so I played a bit of that too. SO FUN.

Yeah exactly! That’s why I brought up Wreckfest. There’s nothing quite like jostling with a big rig in a little tin can. Both games are so deliciously destructive and over the top and make me grin from ear to ear. There are some graphic effects that just make Pacific Rift’s (old as they are) visuals really pop, still.

I gotta throw Test Drive: Eve of Destruction into the asymmetric racing ring as well. If you’ve not played that one it’s basically the prequel to Wreckfest. So fucking good.

In the video, I loved the few glimpses you get of the glittering ocean when it briefly comes into view sometimes. Water is something that could be so beautiful from the PS2/Xbox generation onward, depending on the game.

Yeah definitely, and the spray always looked right as well. I took a lot of screenshots during my time with Pacific Rift!

I just watched this and thought it was great:

Oh my god, he’s back with the first review of Season 2! Squeee!

I’m only 2 minutes in, and it’s like: what the hell is this? A 6 hour review of … some kind of sunflower game?

Oh my god, it’s that 5 hour video guy.

Really, a 5 hour review? I turn stuff off after 25 minutes.

I see there is some fishing in the game, if you go to the 3 hour video mark.

Ah, Tim Rogers. His wonderful review videos sold me on Dragon Quest XI and a couple of other games.

However, I just stumbled onto this thread and need a little clarification. Is this the thread for videos we have seen that are interesting? Or videos not watched yet that could be interesting (probably)? Or probably interesting videos for games that we haven’t yet played that could interesting? Probably…???

I chuckled at your joke.

Point taken, I do normally watch videos before sharing them, but I’ve never seen a Tim Rogers video I didn’t enjoy, so I make an exception for him.