Videos - YouTube and Beyond

“Does anyone know where the love of God goes
When the waves turn the minutes to hours”

Ships sink sometimes. Most are soon forgotten except by family of the lost. Sometimes something exceptional causes the memory to bubble up in the wider consciousness.

Forty-three years ago on November 10, 1975 the Edmund Fitzgerald vanished on Lake Superior. There was no web where people could go back and find news and articles. If anyone missed the evening news on the days when the story was reported they would have never known.

And a mere twenty-nine lives are, it could be argued, not much in the overall greater scheme of things and loss of ship and crew would have slid into the forgetfulness which takes so many small tragedies.

Except something exceptional happened. Canadian country/rock/folk musician Gordon Lightfoot read a magazine article, and it moved him.

Submitted without comment:

Hilarious. Tower dude was really chill.

This was the winner of the Magic Grand Prix - kind of like the Olympics for magicians.

Lucy be chill, yo. Michael was never seen again.

M̨̞̗͍ͯ͆͑͋͐͟E̷̢͖̞̯̓͞Ơ̬̔͐W̧͈͎̜͐ͤͧͣ̋ͦ͛͡ ̨̻̯͙͚̱̳̻̙̜ͣ̀́̾ͥ̆̀M̡̡͔̘͓͍͗͂̕Ė͇͕͙̭͖̞̙̖̇̽̈̐̇̾͛̕O̱͚̟͚ͦ̄͌̇̀́ͭͭͪͅW̥͔̏̓̅̏̀̑̎̆̉͢͡
̡̛̅ͨͩͧ͂̾ͩ͏̞̜̣ͅ
̨̇ͨ͐͂̔͊ͯ̓̈҉̛̝ͅp̶̮̈́͋ͫ̓̋̑̈́͝uͤ̆̃ͬ̆ͤ͏̧̯ŗͧ̽́̊̆̓͏̡̰̫̦r̷̰͛͟r̸͇͙̲͐ͫ̌͐́͢r̟̾̀̎͆̿̐̅͟͞r̰̙͉̙͙͊ͣͥ͊ͧ̋̀r̵̭̰͙̯̪̰ͯ̑͑͂̽̈́̆ͦ͗͢r̫̤̥̾ͫ̒͗ͣ̃r̵̢͎͔̻̻͉̖͎͊ͮ̽͜ȓ̺̹̪̦͔͎͇̼̾ͯ̿́ͅr͗ͧ͏̵͖̲̹͉̻̕r͉̙͚͓̫̎̏̈͆ͤ̌̚r̻̖͑͛̂̿̓ͣͮ̕̕͞r̵̺̰͚̙͗̓́̓̑ͅr̢̗̺̱͍͓̩̹͕ͭ̄̌̔̐̋r̵̡̛̼̬̜ͥř̪̖͙͔͙̬̰͈͒ͫ͆ͤͥ͟͞ͅr͗ͨ̽͏҉̟̗̲̱̘

Move aside Grumpy Cat, here’s ZOMBIE cat!

Damn, sure is freaky looking!

Thanks for that, barstein. Now I know what I’ll be doing for the next several hours - his videos are hilarious.

I heard some people like tools here.

I don’t know why I find this so funny but I can’t stop laughing. Make sure you have the sound on for it.

So chill.

Okay, but what the hell would something like that even be used for? I mean what could you use it on that wouldn’t be destroyed by it? Military tanks? [edit] (heh. As opposed to non-military tanks I guess)
And jeezus. Heaven forbid someone ever turns that thing on a human being, or animal for that matter. I would not want to see that video!

Someone needs to do this in a horror film.

The YouTube app says this is live, but I doubt it.

It says “Livecam highlights” now, they probably got some feedback about that.