Virgin Queen Forum Game

Pass. @CraigM

Ottomans also pass

@Panzeh

Pass @Juan_Raigada

Don’t have cards. @Tom_Mc

• Logging begun
  • Holy Roman Empire plays Nostradamus’ Prophecies for 3 CP.

<Tom (Holy Roman Empire)> - Everyone else had passed and I am playing this for a troop build

<Tom (Holy Roman Empire)> - Three mercenaries in Szigetvar I will cash in the existing 1 and 2 markers to put a 6 there.

• 1 HRE mercenary eliminated in Szigetvár.

• 2 HRE mercenaries eliminated in Szigetvár.

• Logfile written.

@CF_Kane

Pass. @CraigM

Oh jeez, sorry. Had a post up and ready and forgot to actually, you know, hit send.

I pass. @Panzeh

Pass @Juan_Raigada

Out of cards @Tom_Mc

I’m passing as well. I think that’s a sweep and we start end of turn.

@CF_Kane

Winter Phase

Troops return to fortified spaces or capital, naval units move to closest controlled port, starting with @CraigM. Also, if you have any unused treasures, please discard them at this time.

Ok I have a lot of things to clean up here.

Naval units, Pasha and the North African fleet to Malta
the remainder in Barbary coast and Gulf of Lyon to Tunis

2 regulars and 1 cavalry in Nicopolis to Belgrade, the last unit to Istanbul

Mehmed and 3 units from Tunis to Istanbul

I believe that covers everything.

@Cuthbert

So, I think the rules are you go to the closest fortified space(with a capacity of 4) or back to the capital. I don’t think you can otherwise transfer forces between other fortified spaces.

Per the rule book I believe I can
Section 20.4

Land Units Returning Home
Land units in either unfortified spaces or fortified spaces not con- trolled by their major power must return to a fortified space that is controlled by their power (with a limit of 4 per space except capitals). Land units already in fortified spaces controlled by their power have the option of returning to their home capital. Land units already in their home capital are the only ones that are prohibited from moving during this phase (all other land units at least have the option to be moved at this time). Land units move according to the procedure listed below. All land units moving between the same two spaces are moved as a stack. Check for an open path of any length of adjacent land spaces or sea zones from the stack’s cur- rent location to its destination.

Also it is valid to move across multiple sea zones in this phase.

I appreciate the check, but I did try and follow the rules!

I believe @Tom_Mc is correct.

From the Land Unit Returning home procedure

What you quoted is the overall description of the phase, but the procedure is very specific.

My only doubt is what happens when the nearest fortified space is full. I think per the rules you must them move to the capital.

Well Nicopolis is equal distance from both Belgrade and Istanbul, so both should be valid options. As the limit is 4, I filled Belgrade to that level, then returned the remaining unit to Istanbul.

Ah ok then, I didn’t look at the map, just stating @Tom_Mc’s indication of the nearest fortified space being correct.

Yep, I’m also guilty of not having looked at the map to count the distance. I just saw the names on the log.

Mmm, is there any way I can see my cards before tomorrow (my) afternoon? If I can’t I won’t be able to play until Monday the 16th

We have a lot of steps to get through before cards are dealt, and I don’t think we will make it in time.