Virginia Governor's Race and US Election 2017 - America Fights Back?

Tonight’s returns are making my day. Just saying.

So does this mean I can start paying attention to politics again without crying myself to sleep at night?

I am completely amazed. Georgia just elected Democrats for these State Representative seats:

State Representative, District 117

Counties/Precincts Reporting: 100 %
HOUSTON GAINES (REP)
46.88%
DEBORAH GONZALEZ (DEM)
53.13%

State Representative, District 119

Counties/Precincts Reporting: 100 %
TOM LORD (REP)
19.90%
STEVEN STRICKLAND (REP)
6.11%
JONATHAN WALLACE (DEM)
56.69%
MARCUS A. WIEDOWER (REP)
17.30%

It’s almost unbelievable. Why? Because Clarke County was cracked in the last redistricting. Despite being geographically the smallest county in the state, we are fairly populous and tend to vote Democrat. Thus we are part of two different Congressional districts and three State Representative districts. All the counties around us are redder, richer, and whiter. But Clarke County voters seemed to be ready to make a difference: Last off-year election our turnout was under 10%. This year, it was 21.85%. Right now, I am a happy man.

Not out of the woods yet as we still have a year to go until the midterms. A year in Trump time feels like 10 in San Quentin. Plus a full year gives Cheetohs Caligula plenty of time to kick off WWIII to boost his approval rating.

Northam about to give his victory speech. I think.

Right now the VA House interests me, because it gives an idea of whether the NC State Legislature can realistically be in play for next year. If it flips, then NC can flip, especially if districts are redrawn which is looking likely even before the upcoming SC ruling which will help Dems in NC (and VA)

I was interested and did a bit of stuff for a city council election here. Won with 55% of the vote in an area considered Republican +10 to +15. Greensboro is now Republican free and I love it.

For douchebags like Cernovich and Trump, it isn’t about policy or politics. It’s about domination and winning. Only.

If you lose, you don’t belong to their party.

Need Washington to bring it home now.

Look at the prescience:

Isn’t Utah electing the replacement for douchebag Chaffetz?

Yep already called for the Republican. No surprise.

Well, did my part today to replace that Chris Chrstie MFer with a Dem governor. Great results tonight thus far.

Thanks for the link, Charmtrap.