Visually awesome music videos (and other vids)

The Softlightes “Heart Made Of Sound”

Franz Ferdinand, “Take Me Out”

Sloan, “Money City Maniacs”

Guided By Voices, “Glad Girls”

Oh, here’s one. Not as impressive but being almost as old as Jeff Green and in your line of work, you can enjoy telling your kid “This how games looked, when I was a kid”. It’s also a catchy tune and Danish (but safe for both work and seven year olds):
Move Your Feet

Sounds like a good age to introduce him/her to fighting the powers that be, Kris Kringle style.

Well this is a commercial, but I can’t imagine a 7 year old not loving it.
Sony Bravia Super Balls commecial Make sure to watch in 720p.

Most of the good ones have already been suggested.

Boards of Canada - Dayvan Cowboy

The Avalanches - Frontier Psychiatrist

How about film clips set to music?

Edit: Another collection of film clips set to music. I love these videos.

Anything by Jonze or Gondry is gonna be good stuff. Missy Elliot and Outkast videos are also generally well done.

Metal On Metal - Bastard aka the one with grenade table tennis.

M. Ward - Chinese Translation. Joel Trussell’s cartoons are pretty much guaranteed great, but most of his stuff is probably too dark for seven-year-olds. This is a very pleasant exception to that rule.

Major Laser, Keep it Going Louder, directed by Eric Wareheim

Maybe NSFK

Oh yeah, I saw this one a while ago but forgot the name of it. Pretty cool!

No one’s mentioned Duran Duran’s “Girls on Film” yet?

Or “All she wants is?”

Hell, Duran Duran basically invented the visually awesome music video.

Man, for years I tried to figure out if the video for “Hungry Like The Wolf” was telling some kind of allegorical story. Or if it was, like the song, simply about being hungry. You know, like a wolf.

It was about hot chicks wearing painted_on catsuits.

This one is excellent!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmfU9jS5lZg

Martin de Thurah’s video for Carpark North’s “Human” is easily one of the best music videos of the last decade–amazing enough to elevate a middle-of-the-road alternative song that blatantly steals “My Sherona”'s riff to something very good. Also, it captures adolescence better than most cinema does.

De Thurah’s Ikea ad.

Trailer for his short film “Young Man Falling.” (There’s bloody body for about a second, dunno if that should be warned about.)

He’s also, er, “rumored” to be the director of those iamamiwhoami videos.

Linkin Park - Pts.OF.Athrty

Pretty good 3D stuff.

The North Wind Blew South, by The Headless Heroes. But it’s not so much for the song as for the photographer’s remarkable tilt-shift photography. Everything looks like a little toy! He has other videos there as well.

Ok Go - This Too Shall Pass. Rube Goldberg machines ftw.

Edit: Bonus marching band version!

Wait for it…wait for it…

Ha! Wow, what a dofa. I just remembered this thread existed, and when you posted that I figured it had been posted already, but god, in the first post in the thread? Worst bump ever, possibly.

Carry on.