Viva Pinata: Send me stuff, bitches!

My buzzlegums still won’t make any honey, but as a bona fide fan of It’s a Wonderful Life, I’m really digging whatever the heck is going on in Viva Pinata.

I’m curious how these crates work, so I’d love for people to send me stuff. My gamertag is ‘tomchick’ and my garden is 10th level. w00t! What do you got to trade?

-Tom

So what’s the deal with this game?

You got Monster Rancher in my Harvest Moon! You got Harvest Moon in my Monster Rancher!

Did you buy the special beekeeper hat and the special building? My girlfriend says both are necessary for getting the goods.

I’ll send you some shit tonight, Tom.*

To make your Buzzlegums make honey:

1. Have buzzlegums.

2. Put the beekeeper hats on them.

3. Have flowers. You have some flowers around, right?

4. Have the honey hive making building (special buildings from the building dude). Not their regular home (though you can obviously have that too).

5. When you get a notification that a Pinata is “ready to make produce” or something, direct it to the bee hive. If you just ignore the message, they’ll eventually go there on their own.

• There is no actual fecal matter in the game. Don’t worry, it won’t be a box of, you know, shit.

Not sure if this counts as OMG SPOILERZ! or not, but here you go.

Mmmmm, TASTES GREAT!

You need flowers to make honey? I’ve been selling off all my flowers to pay the doctors I need for my sick pinatas. The state of health care on Pinata Island is shameful.

Actually, I’m okay with money. I’ve been having a great time growing corn, apple trees, and hazelnut trees, and then selling them for massive profits. I don’t know what’s going on with all those goofy animals running around, but life as a farmer sure is nice.

-Tom

This is you, Tom:

(apologies and thanks to Sparky)

Here’s how you make BIG MONIES.

Have some buttercups and daisies. This will attract tafflys.

Put a torch in your garden. You can buy one in the miscellaneous stuff from Costalot. Note that you can turn the torch on or off, but you want it on for this.

When you have a taffly resident, direct him to the torch. He will catch fire, which is funny. Put him out with your watering can, or just wait for him to fly around and go out.

This will turn your taffly (base value 300 coins) into a reddhott (base value 2100 coins). Just keep converting and selling tafflies. Big money! If you want to speed things up, breed tafflies like mad. All you have to do is direct them to eat a poppy and have the fly house to get them in romance mood.

I’ve found poison ivy is a huge moneymaker too, surprisingly. The weeds grow fast, then they burst into a flowerhead and 1-2 new poison ivy seeds. The flowerheads sell for 100 coins, plus you have more than enough seeds to keep the farm going (and they even self-plant if you leave them alone, hooray weeds)!

Wait, you can sell your pinatas? How terrible. Why would you want to do such a thing? That’s like selling babies.

-Tom

Tom, accept my friend invite (DancinTedDanson) and you’ll get a boxful of honey, as I have a ton of jars just laying around my garden.

My money tip (courtesy of GAF):
Make three sets of four holes, like below:
:: :: ::

Plant chili seed in each hole.

Use either red or special fertilizer on each cluster (the four holes should be close enough for one dose of fertilizer to hit all four) three times.

Your chilies will soon fall off the fine, and be worth 400 apiece.

$4800 gross with about $300 in seed/fertilizer expenses makes $4500 net, and this process takes less than a minute for me.

This thread is too cute. Stop it.

Troy

Let me get this straight…

You take care of cute little sick pinatas and make money from making buzzlegums.

How do I explain to my wife that I NEED this game?

I keep having difficulties not rushing out and buying a 360 just to play this game. Part of that is because I’ve seen the Saturday morning cartoon a couple of times, and it’s horribly cute and amusing.

This is a full game? Or a marketplace download? I R confus3d!

Will my girlfriend likes this? She’s a big Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, The Sims type girl.

Y’know, I have a huge hate-on for Prima/Brady, but this is one game that is SCREAMING OUT LOUD for a full-colour strategy guide, and yet there is none available.

I have only ever purchased one strategy guide in my life (Halo 2… sue me. I got caught up in the hype), but I would definitely buy one for Viva Pinata.

Odds are certainly very good. My gf’s favorites are those 3 series as well and she loves Viva Pinata. It’s most like Harvest Moon (minus the extreme tedium and complete focus on the garden).