Voting for President; why fucking bother?

Does anyone really think any of the candidates are going to be able/willing to change the USA for the better? They all promise us the moon but can’t deliver a god damn thing without Congress plus they’re all paid for employees of Wall Street.

Here’s what I’d like to see: Stop the War, fix the infrastructure, feed the poor, kick out the illegals and secure our borders, stop corporate welfare, ensure affordable health care for all, stop destroying the environment etc etc etc…

I’m not holding my breath. Frankly, our system is broken and getting worse. The corruption is too deep, the cancer too strong.

I’m no longer going to vote for President; The lesser of two evils in no longer good enough.

That is all.

Can I have your vote?

No, only you can change the USA for the better. You can start by electing the candidate that you think would support the kind of changes you want to see in the USA.

The lesser of 2 evils is better if one of them is named George W Bush. Vote. Prevent another President like Bush.

And that reminds me: do away with the flawed electoral college. Straight up popular vote wins all.

I’m actually sad that you feel that way. As far as I’m concerned, this is the first election in a while where I’m not basing my choice on who I think is going to fuck me and my country worse, but on who will do the better job of helping us get unfucked.

I’ll mail you $100 to vote for the democratic candidate. If it doesn’t break any obvious laws.

Hey, maybe I should put my vote on Ebay?

Hey, maybe I should put my vote on Ebay?

Please do. Be sure to include your full contact information.

Midnight Son
House of the Rising Sun
Nawlins’

Can someone post the ‘WOOOOO!’ pic? It seems appropriate.

When you’re ready to believe again, when you’re ready to stand for change…

OBAMA 2008

And another thing: I’m sure the witch is gonna steal that nomination from the brother. That’s how that shit goes down.

Especially if you don’t vote. NC is a must-win for OBAMA! (the phenomenom)

Ok, I’ll pretend I’m a NC citizen instead of Virginia…

Oh, then you don’t really matter anymore. Carry along now.

… which pretty much explains the way I feel.

You should go take a look at the history of the world.

Our Republic isn’t perfect, just slightly better than what came before.

Striving is politics.

I think it’s too early to give up. A lot of things can happen in the next 8 months. The lesser of two evils may be a lot less evil by then.

Stop the War, fix the infrastructure, feed the poor, kick out the illegals and secure our borders, stop corporate welfare, ensure affordable health care for all, stop destroying the environment etc etc etc…

Well, your first problem is that you want a couple of mutually exclusive things. Affordable health care is going to mean corporate welfare for the health industry, because, unless someone stops those malpractice cases, doctors are gonna keep ordering every test they can on patients to lower their liability. And that is damned expensive.

And feeding the poor while kicking out the illegal immigrants? teh feh whet? So one group of poor people gets help, while another gets a boot to the ass, and this decision is based entirely on where they were born? Sounds like discrimination over here.

And we also want to stop corporate welfare while saving the environment? Heck, between that, securing the borders and kicking out all the illegal immigrants, it sounds like you want to really kick the ole economy in the nuts. “Securing the borders” sure as hell seems to be code for “prevent qualified workers from immigrating legally” these days.

Who will be paying for all of this? No, wait, lemme guess. The rich and the corporations! Make it harder for them to get good workers, and then tax them more! Brilliant! What happens when all the corporations rebase to offshore locations, like the Canary Islands, and all the wealthy head to Britain and file for non-dom status? Guess it’ll end up being the middle class paying for everything. But hey, at least it’ll keep all that filthy lucre out of their hands.

Hey, I bet you want to get rid of NAFTA too, so that our export market can shrivel up and die along with everything else, right?

I don’t think anyone is offering your preferred pack of goodies because it makes no sense.

How about we

expand free trade – increasing deflationary pressure and lowering prices

expand immigration – ensuring cultural diversity and increasing the availability of skilled labor

simplify the tax code while lowering taxes – reducing the likelihood of non-compliance and thereby increasing overall revenue

introduce a school voucher system – ensuring competition amongst public schools and thereby forcing them to improve

cap malpractice losses at a reasonable level – decreasing the demand for unnecessary tests and malpractice insurance and thereby lowering the cost of healthcare

reform or eliminate agricultural subsidies – need more be said?

establish a cap and trade system for all polluting substances, not just carbon.

establish a stiff fine (500$ or more) for individuals who do not vote in national elections – Australia does it, and it works great