VR - Is it really going to be a success? Or, thanks Time for starting a discussion!

Rock and/or roll sir. Keep on rocking and/or rolling. :)

Why was someone listening to you?

I WANT YOU TO THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU’VE DONE, RICH… AND FROM NOW ON, STOP PLAYING WITH YOURSELF.

What do you think a secret phase conjugate tracking system is for?

I’m guessing that, in my clicking around, I opened a chat room accidentally.

Anyone pick up VR titles now that the sale is going?

I grabbed Omega Agent and SportsBar VR, will try them out tonight. I’m also trying to decide between Everspace and Elite Dangerous, and whether or not to get a shooter like Arizona Sunshine.

Going to get Dirt Rally when I get home. Picking up my Oculus Touch on the way as well, so I’ll have Robo Recall and Dead N Buried as well.

Consider Superhot VR as well… the way you can punch, shoot, catch, and throw, is pretty great. Probably my favourite touch game.

I’ve bought Pinbal FX2 VR - I’ll assume the Mars table is usable for people who can cope with spiders constantly in their peripheral vision - and Thumper, a rhythm action game that seems excellent so far, and looks great in VR. (Both “seated” rather than room scale)

I loved it when I played it outside of VR, so I can only imagine it rules in it. Good suggestion!

Remember CastAR?

Bummer, it looked like interesting technology

From what I’m seeing, vr is pivoting hard towards arcade experiences right now (that is, high end, location based experiences you pay for in a mall or theme park or such).

Star Trek: Bridge Crew is being updated. Now you can order your crew around with your voice. In single player. No longer do you just look like an idiot to you family and friends, flailing around with a box on your face. You can sound like an idiot too!

I messed around with this and it’s pretty cool. Some things I wish I could do:

Plot a heading based on degrees. That was you could steer around things like space mines.

Ask the Engineer for a status/damage report

Instead of just saying attack target, how about “lock phasers”. And “fire”.

I think they need a tutorial as it’s not completely intuitive.

So Facebook’s response was ‘Haha buy a new one’. One month out of warranty. No repair option, just buy a new one.

Oh yeah, that’s fucking going to happen. Why would I buy again from a company that just gave me the middle finger.

Now I am out the money for Touch + the software I bought on the Oculus store. Luckily I preferred Steam thank god, but we are still talking about a few hundreds dollars.

Vive, in comparison, didn’t fuck me over when I had issues with it.

Mars 2030 comes out on the 11th. Seems to be promising quite a lot for $15, but it looks like one to keep an eye on.

You can at least continue to run most of those Oculus titles on the Vive with ReVive.

I have used ReVive before with decent results, so you are correct for the most part.

Still, doesn’t change my anger level. I am cooling down a bit and will be posting on Reddit and a couple of other forums soon so people know they are SOL if something breaks with Oculus.

For sure. Doesn’t mean Facebook / Oculus weren’t shitty to you. just preserves some of your investment,