VR - Is it really going to be a success? Or, thanks Time for starting a discussion!

My Rift S showed up yesterday so I was able to take it for a spin. Text is so much more legible. I can actually read my desktop while running virtual desktop. The cockpits in DCS and IL-2 are really clean and easy to read now. For some reason Valve has been crashing about every other time I run VR, but this is right after I installed the latest nvidia drivers, but I feel there is a correlation.

Overall I like the Rift S a lot better than my Vive. My one big complaint is that the FOV on the Rift S feels very small. I’ve always had good peripheral vision, and I’m getting a weird effect like I’m looking into a large tube. I didn’t have this on the Vive, but specs suggest there is very little difference in FOV between the two. From what I read Vive is 110, and Rift S is 105.

I have never played Lone Echo, and it was the first game I tried. I spent a solid 2 hours in that game before the controllers glitched, and stopped working. Hopefully these issues will be resolved since this is such a new piece of hardware.

IL-2! I can’t get enough of this damn game in VR.