VR - Is it really going to be a success? Or, thanks Time for starting a discussion!

Welcome to the Matrix, @krayzkrok!

I’ve shut down WMR software as others are indicating, but I too have noticed it reboots when the display port wakes up when I turn my monitor of then on again later. I have thought about unplugging the smaller power cord from the breakout box to truly have the G2 off as nothing else is remotely accessible. I wished the set had on off switch or at least played nicer with USB and display port switching. I also get a USB device has failed message a few minutes after closing the WMR software which seems to require a power cycle at the break out box or PC reboot to get the headset to wake up even if the software is restarted.

Just got mine today. A friend who’s had a couple different VR rigs suggested backing this instead of getting an elite strap: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vrbalance/vr-balance-2-for-oculus-quest-2-or-original?ref=project_email

This is what I do.

So perhaps this is a G2 thing? That’s what I’m doing now, yanking the USB-C for it which gives it power. WMR does NOT pop up each time I come out of sleep or turn the monitor on/off once I do that. Glad to know I’m not going crazy. It does make me wish there were a headset on/off though.

Thanks for the confirmation from you and @Profanicus.

When you play No Man’s Sky in VR. Are you playing with a gamepad, or the VR controllers?

Gamepad. Works rather well, but no continuous movement option.

As much as you will be tempted to, do not choose Overload as your first VR experience ;-) You will barf. Hard. A lot.

I have a question. So I installed “Revive” so I could play some oculus games on the HP Reverb G2 and it’s worked great. But I just bought “In Death Unchained” off the Quest 2 storefront since it wasn’t on the regular one, and it won’t show up in my list of games I can install or play. What’s going on? Can I only play older games for the old hardware or something using “Revive”?

VR in NMS on PC is built for VR controllers. Gamepad is not supported.

What?! When did they add controller support in VR? Some people have been requesting that forever.

You can’t run Quest games on PC headsets… Quest 2 is a mobile platform, based on Android. You need to get a PC version from places like the Rift store or Steam.

‘Unchained’ is the Quest port. Refund it, and get the game from the Steam store instead:

It is on the Rift store too but you are better off with the Steam version for a G2.

To further that point, it’s not about older games (yet - it seems pretty clear Oculus is end-of-lifing the Rift). Revive is about playing PC Rift games on other headsets. Quest store games, unless they’re cross buy, will only play (install, for that matter) natively on the Quest/Quest 2 headsets. There is no PC executable for something like Revive to latch on to.

Tried it, if it’s a vigorous game they start chafing pretty fast. Try The Climb 1/2 if you want to work on arm/shoulder strength, a good workout without any additions.

You know what, I think I screwed that up :) I swap between the CV1 (XBox controller only) and Q2 all the time so I must get my controllers mixed up

That and the cough syrup is hittin me like a freight train

Thanks! Though I’m not so much looking for a good workout, more-so to deal with flailing about with no real weight to any of the actions I’m doing.

Hahaha, so what’s the censuses. VR does or does not have gamepad support?

It does not.

Note that the quest version of in death is a sequel to the abandoned pc version

PC version is good but they stopped updating it a while ago.

Are you supposed to play No Man’s Sky standing up or sitting down? I’m confused and disoriented.

I play sitting down. It doesn’t really support room scale without adding in some mods, so why stand up!

Yeah it’s a shame the original devs gave up on the game and dropped off the face of the earth. Unchained is certainly superior, but more an expanded version than a proper sequel.