VR - Is it really going to be a success? Or, thanks Time for starting a discussion!

I guess you tried holding the power button down? Try holding for 30 seconds.

Pretty sure my Quest 2 had charge when I opened it. You should at least get a red/orange light if it is plugged in and charging.

It’s not sounding good for sure. :( That really sucks.

Hoping you can get a quick swap turnaround time.

Yeah there’s no light at all.

Try the holding the power button for 30 seconds thing. Then prepare for opening a ticket and RMA. :(

Did that, nothing.

That sucks Brian. I hope you can get another quickly.

Me too. Thanks for your support y’all.

You’re sure you are pushing power, not the volume button?

Yup, power is on the side, volume is a rocker on the bottom. They’re very clear about that in the instructions.

Maybe try a factory reset?

https://support.oculus.com/298586437740040/

(Hold power + volume down, not sure if when plugged in or not.)

If the orange light doesn’t come on, sounds like a dead unit.

Tried that, nothing.

Yeah that’s what I’m guessing. I’m gonna leave it plugged in overnight.

I’ve contacted support too, hopefully to RMA and get a new one ASAP. I really am excited to finally get into VR.

I had to RMA my Quest after it stopped turning on. Oculus support was very responsive and sent out a new unit pretty quickly.

I’m pissed. Was really looking forward to hearing how you like your sims in VR vs. normal. Sorry Brian.

You are transmitting the wifi across the house for the quest 2?

If so, an extender has a high chance of significantly increasing latency, which would be terrible for VR purposes. You might be better off getting a powerline internet kit where the end node can transmit wifi.

I have this set which works really well for me carrying NBN100 internet down a concrete floor and extending fast wifi signal around the house:

I’ll be a bit pedantic here and suggest that Powerline (which I use too) will probably not improve latency. Powerline is really just WiFi with copper instead of air as the transmission medium.

Copper cables will carry signal through walls and concrete floors much better than air. Of course it depends on the house and specific setup, but it’s just my experience that I had significantly higher ping and lower download speeds on a Wifi Extender that powerline completely fixed.

I don’t have a Quest 2 (yet), just basing this on internet performance, is it a completely different equation when the router is transmitting data from your PC instead of the outside world?

Do you mean you can plug the wifi extender to an ethernet port in the wall which connects to your router? If so, that will definitely be the best option.

When I hear wifi extender I think of those devices that take wifi from a router and then sends out its own wifi signal. That might be a wifi repeater, I am not up on the jargon.

I have a powerline but it doesn’t give out a good, constant signal, at all. I guess it depends on the electrical installation.