VR - Is it really going to be a success? Or, thanks Time for starting a discussion!

Oops, yes. I had both Caliente and WICO installed and got them mixed up. WICO is the mod that improves the look of NPC’s.

Those using WICO - take note. The author is not clean on the technical side of their work.

It makes a ton of extraneous edits to NPCs (setting as essential/protected, wild edits [numeric values off by tiny decimal amounts], and other misc weird changes probably from misclicks in the creation kit) that probably likely conflict with other mods (including the unofficial patches).

Ugh, thanks for that. That is not good!

Would this help?

Probably? I didn’t use WICO when I had Skyrim installed, so no experience with it.

In the grand scheme of things, its probably not excessively gamebreaking (I think).

Thanks for the mod suggestions, Prof! I downloaded all of 'em and everything looks great.

What about UI mods? Anyone try SkyUI in VR? (Oh, just realized that’s a SKSE mod so we’ll have to wait a bit.)

Yeah you have to wait for that kind of stuff. Nothing much UI-related works yet.

I know there’s some stuff like improved favorites menu and voice-based weapon switching being worked on too.

All I use that’s game-play related is the ‘Unread Books Glow’ mod. Otherwise I’d compulsively open every one of them I see…

edit: Oh wait! How could I forget this?!

This is not a mod per se but a .dll that greatly improves the audio experience in Skyrim VR. It changes the obviously stereo audio to something that sounds much more surround. You may need to adjust volume levels a little but it’s pretty great.

Just grab the x64 7z file and unzip it into Skyrim VR install folder.

That’s really it in a nutshell, isn’t it?

the ‘beta’ team for largest broadcaster in Norway decided to stop work on VR content after doing a lot of experiments with it for 3 years. Citing no increase in the number of users over the 3 years they had been producing content (at 5% users) and hence not showing any growth. With such a low number and no uptake they couldn’t justify spending money on it.

Some of the stuff they made:

Here’s a handy layout for the Touch controller for Skyrim VR. Most of these are explained in-game but I didn’t know, for instance, that you can hold down “Y” for the wait menu.

I wish there were a way to change shouts so that you have to press both side buttons simultaneously. I’ve had to reload my game a few times now from accidental shouts. Maybe there will be a mod or official patch; I can’t imagine I’m the only one annoyed by this.

Struggling with the controls in Skyrim is the first time I’ve felt any desire for better Vive motion controllers. I’m having an issue with the right pad controls for turning in place. They sometimes simply don’t register my input… I think it may have something to do with refresh rate. I just need to google the problem and see if I can solve it.

I stumbled on the Wait menu command after much frustration and, well, waiting around.

I also wish there was a way to pick things up simply to examine them. The objects are so amazing when viewed up close that I wish I could interact with them more.

There is; you hold the interact button down to grab them, release it to let them go. Doesn’t work on bodies though.

It works better if you increase the physics refresh in SkyrimPrefs.ini to 90 so it matches display refresh, as it defaults to 60:

[Havok]
fMaxTime = 0.0111

Though I’m unsure if there’d be any unwanted sideffects from doing this! :)

Hmm, I’ll check it out. Thanks! Maybe that will help my touch pad turning problem also.

Doubt it, as physics would not be tied to player movement or controls. No idea what the Vive touchpad thing could be - potentially physical hardware issue?

I just remember seeing a post where someone had the same problem and referenced a fix having to do with refresh rate. But at the time I was trying to solve another problem so I didn’t read closely.

Steam having a VR sale. LA Noire for $22.49 might reel me in.

Fallout 4 VR on sale, too… but without official Oculus support, I’ll give it a pass for now.

In a moment of weakness, I ordered the Vive Pro with tax refund money. Shows up Monday!

So what is this, your third VR headset!? VR is certainly a success in the Vesper household! :)

To be fair, my Oculus is in Colorado where I Iive 50% of the time. But… um… yes!

Anyone want to buy a Vive?

Just received the Vive Pro at work… will be digging into how we can use the dual cameras on it. The hardware itself is nice.

Also, for anyone interested, Google’s got a sale for their Daydream setup. It’s $50 off right now (bringing it to $49).

Yikes! VR sale?

Arizona Sunshine and Fallout 4 and Island 359 and In Death are all very tempting…

…but Skyrim seems like the only VR game I need for the foreseeable future.

O, WHAT TO DOOOoooo?