VR - Is it really going to be a success? Or, thanks Time for starting a discussion!

The Oculus Store has daily sales I’ve noticed. I think I got Arizona Sunshine cheap there.

I’m really enjoying Fallout 4 VR, provided you have a beefy machine and are willing to put up with stutters even so. The pluses compared to Skyrim VR would be

• Better graphics, probably comparable now that Skyrim has ENB
  • Settlements. Pretty neat to build your own city in VR, and even better with SIm Settlement.
  • Personally I find gunplay more satisfying in VR than melee.
  • Locational damage!

The downsides are:

• Automaton DLC doesn’t work in VR, though all the other ones work, more or less (assuming you have them from the pancake version.)
  • Didn’t catch on with the modding community like Skyrim vr did, so no f4se etc.
  • terrible, terrible performance.

Picked up LA Noire off Steam, played for about 30 mins and didn’t like it. Refund requested. Perhaps I’m spoiled by Skyrim now, but I couldn’t put up with that control scheme, especially the driving.

Just a reminder that if you have VR and haven’t played Gorn, do yourself a favor and pick it up for $15!

What runs better - Skyrim or Fallout?

Okay, okay! Done.

Easily Skyrim, much older engine.

Enjoy Gorn! It starts a little slowly until you unlock more weapons but damn, what an awesomely fun game!

Note to self: turn ceiling fan off before playing. :)

then after turning it off you smack right into the now stationary ceiling fan. at least i do, anyways.

Gorn! is making me consider getting a third sensor for the rift.

Anyone using a three sensor setup? Other than getting wrapped up in the cord are there any issues?

I have three, and there are no issues with occlusion or signal loss. But I have a pretty small area…

With two, have you tried the diagonally opposite sensor setup?

I stumbled across this mod today for those of you using Skyrim VR: It increases immersion to allow you to use voice to interact with the NPCs.

Reading the comments on Nexus, it works on keywords so you don’t have to say the dialogue exactly - but knowing the keyword to trigger might take a little bit of experimenting.

Lots of great comments, people seem to enjoy it if they can get it installed ;-)

I got my Vive Pro and am just hooking it up now. One nice thing I didn’t realize is that the incentive for current Vive owners is better than the 6 months of Viveport. Existing owners get 12 months of Viveport and a $100 credit in the store. Now granted it’s Viveport and I’d rather have games on Steam, but at least it’s something.

Oh, cool! I didn’t realize that either. But I don’t get why they want us moving away from Steam. That’s the whole reason I went Vive in the first place. Argh.

Wonder if they want you to spend it on games for the Vive, which they can’t restrict it to if it is just credit on Steam.

Vive is an HTC product, and Viveport is probably owned by HTC? Steam isn’t.

I guess I thought there was more of a corporate synergy thing going on between HTC and Valve. Booo.

I did end up picking up Arizona Sunshine (fun!) and Fallout 4 (haven’t tried it yet) on the Steam VR sale. I’ll get to the Viveport credit in due time but I’m pretty happy with these new games for now.

There’s definitely a bit of crossover in the creation of the original hardware and was some partnership there.

Valve developed the lighthouse tracking system and is responsible for SteamVR, both of which are open to other developers to use. Valve is making the Knuckles controller independently, which is unlikely to be a ‘Vive’ peripheral but more akin to a Steam Controller for VR.

HTC built the Vive (with help from Valve) and are solely responsbible for the Vive Pro, and Viveport.

Can also highly recommend In Death on Steam. Great archer game set in the afterlife. It has randomized dungeons and you unlock achievements over multiple lives, building up your damage potential and unlocking new items as you go. Creepy as hell at certain parts too. I’m not too far into it but am having a blast so far.

For those among us who have strong stomachs, joysticks and chairs:

Overload

If you remember Descent, well this is that.