VR - Is it really going to be a success? Or, thanks Time for starting a discussion!

Yeah as in real life there’s a definite learning curve to firing the bow accurately - the game does not provide any assistance there.

I don’t recall how long it took me but it’s super satisfying landing the headshots from great distance now. :)

The game doesn’t give any archery tips that I recall either, but what I do is use a side-on stance, the drawing hand anchors to the side of the face, aim down the arrow, and don’t move after you fire so you can make small adjustments to hit the target.

I picked it up during the sale but haven’t tried it yet.

Of my handful of Quest games, this is by far my favorite.

It automatically adds itself to the SteamVR config menu while you’re wearing the headset.

For the racers, a bundle including Dirt Rally 2.0 plus tons of DLC:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/killer-bundle-15?aff_track=CJ&CJEVENT=48d10170707f11eb81db037b0a240612&utm_source=CJ&cj_pid=4485850&cj_aid=13212017

Happy birth/VR day!

Cool!

It seems Oculus is releasing the multiple account support not in v26, but as an experimental feature

https://www.oculus.com/blog/gather-your-party-introducing-multi-user-and-app-sharing-on-oculus-quest/

This seems reasonable enough. First, a way for a family to share a single headset, but maintain different saves and friend lists.

Second, set a second headset up and share apps with other accounts. Then play the same game on the primary headset. That allows buying an app once and playing it co-op. Very similar to how Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft console DRM works.

I wish they’d done this sooner. Would have saved me a bunch of money.

YES!!! Happy Birthday el Krokodile!

That was my exact reaction, except my wife thought I was silly. :-)
It is remarkably cool.

Just wait until you fly into a station in Elite with it!

You do need to put the Quest 2 into developer mode to run Side quest, and you need to run Side quest to get the wireless desktop VR

Holy cow is Moss so cool to experience! The gameplay…well not that great but I don’t care because it is so gorgeous. I’m having a great time just getting the little mouser from one environment to the next. It feels so great to be amazed and excited by games again. I mean, there are lots of games I’ve enjoyed over recent years, but VR has taken my breath away and gets me giddy.

I never would have guess VR pinball would also be a thing, but it sure is nice to easily be able to see the entire table (although some things get obscured behind table features). I wonder if there is an option to change the view angle or something.

VR pinball can be awesome, but changing the viewing angle is actually pretty important to protect your neck. Almost all of the games have a way to recenter the screen – a good trick is to stand up a little, re-center the view, and sit back down. This will let you set the table height to be more comfortable.

I’ve even had fun lying down on the floor and re-centering the view to make it like the table is built into the floor, just a neat alternate perspective.

Moss is another one that I’ve had an odd amount of fun re-centering the view while on my knees in my game room - - then you can kind of craw around the world. It’s just fun to play with perspectives in games like these.

The Room is awesome and I hope they come out with another. I bought the VR Fanatical Bundle partly because it had Abode 1 and 2, which are escape room games. I’m not expecting Room VR levels of coolness, but it was worth the gamble to find something cool.

I’ve mentioned before that when I’m in VR that I sometimes loose myself and go to lean on something, like a doorway, in the VR environment and then need to catch myself before a fall over. My brain must be very susceptible for this stuff. I totally get your feeling of vertigo as I experienced it too when standing on a platform and could see the room below me.

Ditto on The Guardian system. It works so well and it’s nice to just trust that it has your back.

You guys should consider the ultimate vertigo title, Richie’s Plank Experience. It’s a bit of a one-trick pony and pricey for what you get, but man… if you get a real bit of wood and set the game plank dimensions to match it, it makes it so much more brain bending when you’re trying to walk across it on top of a virtual building.

That added bit of reality makes it really hard to convince yourself to take a step along it. :)

Great for showing off your VR to newcomers, and kids absolutely love it if you have any.

Speaking of which, the recent patch notes suggested you would be able to turn the wall off, at least for the stationary one, like you can on the Rift. But that doesn’t seem to be the case, or at least I can’t find the setting. Anyone had any luck with that?

I know that, but on the Rift, you can stop it from appearing even if you touch it. It just shows the boundary on the floor. This is very helpful, if, eg, you’re playing a cockpit game where you don’t need the touch controllers, but have to put them somewhere. Previously you couldn’t do that on the Quest, but they put this in the patch notes for the most recent one, which suggested you might be able to: