VR - Is it really going to be a success? Or, thanks Time for starting a discussion!

Just played Waltz of the wizard for about an hour with Teleport move. I didn’t die, so here’s hoping.

Any other suggestions for games? I’m really enjoying the puzzle aspect of Waltz of the Wizard

Don’t miss Audica! I liked it even more than Beat Saber.

No, I haven’t encountered that.

Half-Life Alyx is awesome.

The Room VR, like Krayzkrok mentioned is also great. Also easy with the teleport movement.

The Walking Dead Sinners & Saints is a good experience if you always wanted to be in a zombie apocalypse. If it wasn’t VR it wouldn’t be that great a game, but it is cool ‘when you’re there’.

Project Cars 3 or Dirt Rally 2 if you like racing.

Walkabout Mini Golf is fun.

In Death: Unchained is difficult, but with some playing I’m getting somewhat better.

I’ve had something similar happen 3 or 4 times in the last 18 months with the Quest 1.

As someone who is thinking about voice attack and a voice pack, with vr, please let me know if this works! Also, do you use a voice pack?and are they any good? Thanks!

Check for strings of lights or candles in view. And try clearing your guardian history, it’s an option in the settings somewhere. (Not sure why that makes a difference, but it seems to help.)
Those are two things I’ve run into.

I don’t know if this is still the case, but I used to have trouble with spinning ceiling fans interfering with tracking too!

This was at a friend’s house, at my place the fans are lower so I have to turn them off anyway, for safety purposes. :)

Voice attack works great with the G2. I use it for IL-2, MSFS, and ATS/ETS2. It’s very easy to set up and well documented. I’ve found that it works better after using it for a little while - the speech recognition trains with use.

I don’t know what you mean by a voice pack. There are profiles that can be downloaded but I’ve found it easy enough to make my own.

Thanks @IkeVandergraaf ! I meant these voicepacks! I am a sucker for that kind of stuff, and it seems they can do quite a lot - not sure if its MORE than the regular voice attack, though.

oh - do you talk into the microphone on the vr helmet? I have an quest 2

Have you tried turning it off and on again? :)

Like hold the power button down until the ‘power off’ prompt comes up.

When I was playing a lot of Elite, I used the Brian Blessed voice pack. It was a lot of fun, and I suppose somewhat helpful, though I wouldn’t rely on it for combat functions.

I don’t understand what the voice packs do. Is it a text-to-speech thing? I’ve been using the free language packs you can download from Microsoft.

And yes, I use the microphone in the VR helmet. Voiceattack is very good about connecting you with the windows apps that allow you to set up the microphone and train the voice recognition. As I said, it continues to get better the more I use it. There is a free demo if you want to try it out. It allows one profile with 20 commands, which is more than enough to decide if you like it. I haven’t tried it with E:D yet, but that’s only because I haven’t played much E:D yet. I’m sure that if I get into it, I will set up an E:D profile.

In E:D at least, they combine with Voice Attack to control the game and give you context sensitive audio feedback to voice commands and game states. It’s a bit like having a ship’s computer, but voiced by Kirk or Dr Who, basically. HCS have a bunch of sci-fi related actors, as well as some “generic” ones.

I’ve been using this voice packs with voice attack for years. I love them. I can fly with my 360 controller and all other functionality is voice activated. Add in VR and it’s amazing.

Well my Oculus Quest 2 arrives next week. Can’t wait!

Walk in place. It changes everything.

Ah well it was worth a shot! :)

What makes you so sure? Quests seem pretty forgiving with light levels, I play in a fairly dim room and I’ve seen the videos of people playing outdoors!

Maybe you could go nuclear and try a factory reset.

Try Lone Echo or Echo VR, the weightlessness and grabbing makes perfect sense to the brain, and it gets you used to moving without walking.