VR - Is it really going to be a success? Or, thanks Time for starting a discussion!

Hmm. Seems the $50 for the Elite Strap is worth it.

Also: sadly discovered today that the Beat Saber custom songs doesn’t work like, say, Audiosurf. And the community creating the song maps is… well.

I’ve actually grown accustomed to the standard Quest 2 straps. It’s no longer uncomfortable as long as I’m not connected to the PC with a cable. If I play a game tethered to the PC and am standing / moving, then it pulls and gets uncomfortable. So having VR Desktop, as long as it continues to work well for games makes the standard strap a non-issue for me.

Bright sunlight will definitely screw it up, particularly if it’s coming through blinds. It works best with a room well-lit by lamps/ bulbs, etc. Weird shadows with sharp edges throw it off too.

Lighting makes an absolutely massive difference with hand (not controllers, which work okay in lower light) tracking. A bunch of nice overhead and side lights and it’s like magic. But it has to be quite a bit brighter that you would probably normally have a room. It still ‘works’ in regular light it’s just a lot less responsive.

You should probably try using it in a different room/space to troubleshoot.

¡sǝʌlǝsɯǝɥʇ ǝʇᴉɹʍ sǝʞoɾ ǝsǝɥ┴

Any Quest 2 people willing to be friends with me on it? I could use some people on leaderboards for Beat Saber and maybe some other games. I stalled out on the Beat Saber campaign on level 14, so I’ll probably be playing more solo songs.

It was right in the initial link… You can have Captain Kirk as your ship’s computer!!!

I’m so getting this pack.

EDIT: Or am I? There’s also a Brent Spiner pack! OH NO WHAT DO I BUY?

Sent you a friend request. After I sent it I changed my ID to robc04, so I’m not sure what I’ll show up as, but it should be obvious it’s me.

I’m Andondn there…friend me up.

Bummer. So far VR Desktop is working well for me and my router isn’t even top of the line or anything. On the bright side, being tethered to the computer for many games isn’t that bad.

Do you have USB 3.0? Ethernet dongles are cheap.

Funny :-)

I have a Quest key for Blaston. Who wants it?

Would love to try it if still available. Thanks.

I think I got my “VR Legs” last night. Played No Man’s Sky for about 2 hours, no bad feelings.

Even did smooth motion and turning. Guess I’ll give another shot at Phasmaphobia, which nearly killed me.

True final test for VR legs is Overload.

Welp the Quest 2 arrived today, might not be able to set it up until tomorrow though. Really hoping the USB-C port on my video card works okay. :)

I couldn’t beat you on that first song on hard though. You seem to have a perfect run and I always make one or two mistakes. I think we will be good competition for each other :-)

You’re in for a lot of fun Brian, enjoy!