VR - Is it really going to be a success? Or, thanks Time for starting a discussion!

I wish Walkabout minigolf would come out with a traditional mini golf course you might find in real life, but one of the nicer ones.

And another one. From the creators of Blaston, Angry Birds VR and more

The cross-platform game will also launch on traditional gaming PC platforms as a non-VR title that’s playable with other PC and VR gamers. More info on that to come.

Well this is fun, damned thing won’t turn on, even when plugged in.

Ohhh no, ok stupid question time. Are you 100% sure the cable is plugged “all” the way in? Fresh batteries with enough voltage and all that? Sure the ports are USB 3.1 and working? Same for the video output port?

I thought my headset was broken and was sure my cord was ok used alk the way into the headset… after a week of trying everything I found out it had to go in extra far in a way I wasn’t used to.

By plugged in do you mean via the power adapter into the wall or via USB into the computer?
Did you charge it up yet and have the light by the power button turn green? I don’t recall if they ship charged up or not.

It’s plugged in directly to the wall. I’ve pushed in the cable as far as I can, and I know the adapter and cable work because I tested them on my phone, which began charging when I plugged them in. So far there’s no light at all on the device, so I’m waiting to see if it turns green. Hopefully.

Google says up to 2.5 hours for the first charge. I can’t recall how long mine took. Pretty sure I plugged it in and went about my day before coming back. Could have been hours.

Connected the Link cable to the USB-C port on my GPU, then to the Quest 2. Still nothing. The cable charges my phone, though.

I’m just gonna leave it be for a while and hopefully come back to a green light.

I guess you tried holding the power button down? Try holding for 30 seconds.

Pretty sure my Quest 2 had charge when I opened it. You should at least get a red/orange light if it is plugged in and charging.

It’s not sounding good for sure. :( That really sucks.

Hoping you can get a quick swap turnaround time.

Yeah there’s no light at all.

Try the holding the power button for 30 seconds thing. Then prepare for opening a ticket and RMA. :(

Did that, nothing.

That sucks Brian. I hope you can get another quickly.

Me too. Thanks for your support y’all.

You’re sure you are pushing power, not the volume button?

Yup, power is on the side, volume is a rocker on the bottom. They’re very clear about that in the instructions.

Maybe try a factory reset?

https://support.oculus.com/298586437740040/

(Hold power + volume down, not sure if when plugged in or not.)

If the orange light doesn’t come on, sounds like a dead unit.

Tried that, nothing.

Yeah that’s what I’m guessing. I’m gonna leave it plugged in overnight.

I’ve contacted support too, hopefully to RMA and get a new one ASAP. I really am excited to finally get into VR.