VR - Is it really going to be a success? Or, thanks Time for starting a discussion!

Teleporting around in Robo Recall is much more ninja like than I expected. It enhanced things rather than feeling like an approximation of running.

This was my number 1 take away from not just that game, but my entire experience thus far with the Rift which unfortunately has been limited to a single evening of play on account of a massive work load.

I was looking for something that made my brain feel like it was rewiring itself, and growing accustomed to Robo’s teleportation really scratched that itch.

Had my first bout of VR motion sickness this weekend. Was playing Elite Dangerous and running a tourist out to some geysers, and figured I’d take my buggy out and look around for some minerals. Never bothered me before, but this time I felt a bit wonky. Pushed through it (big mistake), drove around a bit more, got back to my ship, and finished the mission. That was Saturday night and I felt like crap all day Sunday. Still feel a bit off.

Lesson learned, I suppose. Next time I’ll abort as soon as I feel it coming on.

Man, I wonder what this means for Valkyrie.

Heh, yeah, driving an SRV around can be brutal. I wish there were a “smoothing” option. When that SRV spins out of control, I have to shut my eyes.

The worst VR experience for me was trying out a Roller Coaster demo on Steam. What was I thinking. Now I know why Planet Coaster will never go VR.

NoLimits2 has VR support, and it’s amazing. If Planet Coaster ever gets around to VR implementation, it would quickly shoot to the top of my most-hours-spent-in list.

That’s the demo I tried. It was instantly nauseating for me. Real-life roller coasters I can handle just fine since I can feel the g-forces.

Something more my speed is The Grand Canyon VR Experience. It’s kinda like a Disney theme ride. Perfect for de-stressing after a long day at work.

Lone Echo has an easter-egg rocket sled that WILL make you sick in a few minutes/seconds. That said, I’ve gotten much, much more resilient to sickness, I even flew around with abandon in AirCar and didn’t get sick, so it’s something you can train.

Planet Coaster has some pretty good dark rides that would work really well in VR without inducing motion sickness, like this one.

Anyone else use these?
https://www.amazon.com/Hyperkin-Lens-Protector-Vive-2-Set-pc/dp/B01LEZNUE2

I bought them a while ago but they seem to be really fiddly to apply. Kinda like a phone screen protector. I really don’t want to mess up my lenses.

I completely failed to install those on mine. I’m one of those sorts that can never get screen protectors of any sort installed without bubbles or some bit of debris under them. Being a curved surface made it worse.

And their video makes it look so easy.

Oculus has been having these one day sales that are not terrible. Today’s is 50% off Killing Floor Incursion, which I hear is not terrible either, just somewhat disappointing.

Or this Star wars one (ride starts around 1:45)

Oops, just noticed you said without motion sickness. My bad.

Is Valkyrie worthwhile? I passed upon it initially as all the VR titles seemed too expensive and I was disappointed that this one seemed like a simplistic point/shoot game more than a space sim, but now that the price is down to $20 I’m reconsidering. I did like the Battlezone game, but that’s still $50 for a pretty basic arcade game. Disappointed that there’s not anything more substantive yet for PS4VR, other than horror games like Resident Evil 7 I guess.

Not really.

It’s a multiplayer arena shooter, not the sort of thing I’m into. I played it for a bit because it came free with Rift back then, and it was certainly cool for an hour or so but there wasn’t much content and I didn’t fancy multiplayer so moved on to never return.

I’ve got several hours into Warzone and have been enjoying it a lot. I’ve put it in hold though, until they add head tracking.

you fuckers all NEED to buy il2 battle of stalingrad. its discounted atm and nobody is going to force you to fly full real. its the raison d’etre for VR

Would it work well with the Steam controller?

Yes. I play with an Xbox controller and it works a treat. And Shurem is correct IL-2 really is a best in class for VR. I put it and Elite D as the twin peaks of VR.