Virtual reality: to boldly game like we never gamed before...

God no it’s completely and utterly different.

Yeah I have a minor effect on mine as well. I’m starting to get used to it.

I’m gonna gush again about Supernatural y’all. I use it for working out than I do gaming on the Quest 2. I’ve never looked forward to working out until now. It’s astounding and I love it.

How do you deal with sweat inside your headset? I sweat a ton when I work out - like I can lose 3-5 pounds. It seems like the foam thing would get gross and maybe sweat would get into places it shouldn’t. I kinda like the idea of Supernatural, not sure if I could swing the cost long term, or if my headset could hold up to it.

My solution was to purchase a Nike sweatband and a bunch of washable, sweat-proof gear for my Index from https://us.vrcover.com/

After a couple tries working out while wearing my headset, I gave up and ate more ice cream.

Then my wife got a Peloton cycle and my sweaty workout problems were solved! :)

LOL at all of this!

I got a silicon face cover which helps, and I wipe it down after every song. I also sweat a ton.

Which one did you get and are you happy with it?

Which cover did you get? I don’t wear glasses so fogging isn’t an issue, unless the VR lenses fog.

I just wish listed this and I’m sure will get it in not too long. Did you get the Oculus or Steam version? Do you know of any differences?

I have so much trouble keeping my weight in check because of eating wayyyyyy to many desserts. Sometimes I’ll eat a bag of chocolate chips (11 oz), maybe have some ice cream. When my son makes chocolate chip cookies it isn’t unusual for me to eat a batch in 2-3 days. I’m trying to be good again. I was as low as 204 lbs in early March. Since then I’ve been up to 213. I was under 200 briefly last July. I’m at least somewhat ahead of the game as I’m trying to turn it around at 213 instead of the 217-227 I’ve gotten up to in the past. I’m 6’1’', so anything under 200 is probably reasonable, but I’d love to get down to 185. If someone would only lock me in a room and feed me under the door :-)

I got this!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NPGBHDH?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

It works very well! I The Supernatural folks also sent one that works well.

People searching a new fitness game shouldn’t forget Blaston

I picked it up too and played the first 3 opponents. First guy, the sparring partner, was super easy. The second guy wasn’t too bad, I knocked him down a couple times but won on points. The 3rd guy was definitely a step up, and my left controller battery died in the 3rd round, which was the only round I lost and it was a draw. My arms were definitely getting tired and my heart rate was up for sure. I ordered a silicon cover that will come this week. I’ll have to see if there is a profile for cardio boxing for my garmin forerunner so it can track my calories.

Gimme the 101 on this game, how fighty is it vs. gamey?

It seems reasonably believable. Punch placement seems pretty good, so you can avoid your opponent’s guard, or go to the body if he’s protecting his face. If does seem to track how ‘powerful’ your punches are by how fast they are moving. There isn’t anything crazy like power ups or punching the guy out of the ring.

It’s famously ‘fighty’, with things like not having stamina bar or anything like that, the stamina of your character is your real life stamina.

You know, I probably did leave it on easy but I’m not 100% sure. Do you know how many fighters there are to beat?

So this is on sale today on Steam:

Which looked awesome, but in reading reviews, it led me to this:

Which is FUCKING AMAZING. Seriously, might be the best VR game I’ve played yet. I’m more of a shooty guy than a melee guy, so I’m sure while I’ll like Until You Fall, Compound is FAR more my speed. You can duck under and around shots, move fluidly through levels and the gunplay feels SO FUCKING GOOD. Even RELOADING is fun. I can’t get over how good this is.

Until You Fall is a fun melee game. There’s a native Quest version too but might be a little more $. Haven’t heard of Compound but will check into it!

Yeah the Quest version was NOT on sale, so I got the Steam version which is.

Oh and there’s a demo of Compound if you wanna check it out.

I saw it was released back in 2018 and is still in early access…but then saw it’s still getting regular updates so will definitely check it out. Travis said he picked up a Quest 2 also so I sent him some suggestions of my favorites.

It’s apparently still very early access, so more stuff will apparently be added as it gets further developed.