Virtual reality: to boldly game like we never gamed before...

It’s apparently still very early access, so more stuff will apparently be added as it gets further developed.

Anyone interested in that forthcoming Demeo VR boardgame/RPG ?

Might be good, not sure from the trailer. But I like the idea of a social boardgame in VR. I think this is an area where well-designed VR could really add something - RPGs or wargames with lots of minis that would take forever to buy/paint/set up irl but dead easy to set up in VR. I love playing Gloomhaven for example, but the set up time alone takes an hour before each session.

TTS has VR support. It’s pretty janky though. Like everything in TTS.

A small, 20 to 30% off, offer in Oculus Quest store
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/section/301135461437529/#/?_k=t9ivg2
Valid for 24 hours only.

Carmack: We want the Chromebook audience!

Ohhh thanks for that, finally got In Death: Unchained.

Tempted to grab Myst. I haven’t played it since original release and it seems like it would be cool in vr. How is Gun Club? Good for someone who doesn’t care about different types of guns? I just care about fun shooting,

It seems the Wraith Oblivion game is in the 7-8 hours range. Which you know, it’s a highlight because so many single player VR games are more in the 3-4 hour game range. It’s atmospheric/psychological horror, instead of relying in jump scares, in case you hate jump scares.

Interested in seeing how the Infinite Office works. ‘Bring your desk into VR’, with keyboard and multiple virtual screens. The ‘bring your couch into VR’ thing they added recently was pretty neat.

This is a curious app, a training tool for doing presentations

It’s a novel idea to beat the stage fright, I guess.

Upload VR has a script transcription of the past Carmack & Boz talk on Twitter
[url]https://uploadvr.com/carmack-bosworth-recording-twitter/[/url]

The Verge talks of the new Oculus avatars

[quote] The new avatar editor apparently allows for a quintillion possible combinations of hair, eyes, body type, facial hair, piercings, clothing, and other features. There’s no gender toggle, nor are there a pre-baked batch of face presets. Instead, the editor lets you dive into each facial feature, down to wrinkles, nose, and makeup. It’s like a glorified character creator from an RPG

Oculus says the avatar you create will eventually appear in some form within the Facebook app, Messenger, Instagram, and more, but only if you choose to. Oculus wouldn’t divulge any specifics on how exactly your avatar will appear in those apps or when. “We’re at the start of a long journey,” Mike Howard, product manager for avatars at Oculus, told The Verge[/quote]

I was playing with this in Facebook Messenger app the other day, didn’t realise it was an Oculus thing.

Well, any Oculus thing is a Facebook thing!

So I finally got to spend some time with In Death: Unchained and OMG IT’S AMAZING OMG.

Hell yeah!

Air Link is starting to being distributed. Check on your Quest if you have some pending new version, or check in the Experimental tab if you have it.

BTW, if anyone is thinking on buying a Quest, he should PM me, there is a friend invitation system where both people get 30€ if it’s used.

I also like In Death: Unchained quite a bit. I need to play more, especially now that I realized if I pull the cars out of the garage I have a nice big area to move around. I really wish these headsets would work outdoors. I’d love to play out in my yard. I have a wide open section of my yard that is probably 100ft by 30 ft, at least. That would be awesome.

I get too frazzled in combat to remember how to use the teleport shard so I rely more on moving my body. I wish I could make better use of it.

I’ve hon estly no idea how to properly use the teleport shard. Any experts wanna chime in and give us some tips please?

? I usually have our girls play Vacation Simulator in the backyard.

I use it as a quick escape mechanism or for minor movements. Especially when one of those horrifying floating ghosts shows up right in my face unexpectedly.

I love this. It’s finally the future we were promised.