Virtual reality: to boldly game like we never gamed before...

Surv1v3 is out (of EA)

RoR2 VR mod updated

I didn’t know Valheim had a VR mod. Then again I have never played it.

Oh wow the Valheim mod is starting to look pretty good now… not sure if it supports blocking/parrying/dodging yet though, it’s not mentioned.

And I guess I might have to buy RoR2 soon. :)

I heard it’s very good, given it’s not native

Sales in Oculus

Thank you, snagged I Expect you to Die.

Let us know what you think, obviously I’m a big fan. Also a perfect intro to VR game for newcomers.

The Steam sale should be starting this week too, right? I’m excited, a new PC just arrived with a Reverb G2. I don’t think it will play Oculus games (please correct me if I’m wrong) but my Steam wishlist is starting to bulge with cool-lookinh possibilities.

I was in the first car, died a few times, but then at some point I pushed a button and it said, “Releasing Scorpions” and I noped out. I’ll go back in in a bit and NOT push that button but yeesh.

You are wrong. :)

You use a tool called ‘Revive’.

I believe there’s a new version which translates Oculus into OpenXR rather than into SteamVR, meaning a G2 can use it with more performance than before.

edit: Revive is here:

and the latest beta version that includes OpenXR is here:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/librevr/revive/build/artifacts

You’re a delicate boy, Mink. ;)

Cartoon scorpions that I recall don’t even sting you, power through!

Oh, and a good tip that isn’t a cheat, it’s something they say to you in tutorial but I never really figured out, you can pick up things and just hang them in space, no need to set them down somewhere. It gets handy later.

Yeah I definitely scare easily. Spiders (and by association scorpions) and heights are what get me most in VR.

Surprise, surprise. The final outcome being their previously solid reputation is now sullied.

@Editer forgot to say, congrats on the weight loss! And on the financial windfall of course. :)

I haven’t tried it yet! Keen, but I am kinda hooked on (non-VR) Wildermyth right now… :)

I also dislike that section, but at least the beam doesnt actually break on that level. I find the jumps really difficult, mechanically. I havent quite mastered the art of pulling myself up and forward and then letting go of the grip at the right moment. Too often I end up jumping straight up and then dying, or just plopping forward with no height and then dying. I can’t figure out how to jump consistently. Also, there’s a jump button on the controller that jumps you where you’re looking, but that’s quite hard to press when you’re gripping for dear life, and even when I do press it, I’ve had the same problem of not quite jumping exactly where I expect, or with the speed I expect, and then I die again. Still, the game gives my arms an interesting work out, stretching all kinds of muscles I’d forgotten about.

Do you guys have small hands? The jump button is the A button. You can’t hold the trigger and press the A button at the same time? Jumping with the button is way easier than doing it via swinging, but both work fine for me. I need to get back into The Climb 2 and try some speed runs.

All this positive talk about Crashland forced me to buy it! And it’s great!. I was a little tired of arena shooters, but this one is very polished. For a native Quest game, this thing looks great. Controls are excellent and boy is it tough as nails. And those ticks can fuck right off.

I’m CaptainCruller in the Oculusverse if any of you all want to add me.

Just added you. I’m Thraeg on there as well if anyone wants to add me.

Still haven’t put much time into it yet, but planning to experiment more.

Thanks for the recommendations, everyone. Looking through the lists, I realized that I actually have a few of the recommended games from bundles on Steam (Gorn, In Death, Moss, Space Pirate Trainer, and Superhot VR). I ordered a long cable to try and hook up the headset to my PC, so will see how that goes. Will also try the wireless mode too.

Is Virtual Desktop still needed? I remember that being a common recommendation.

Haven’t bought any native apps yet, but went through the current sale listing and have tentatively narrowed it down to this set which is both on sale and commonly recommended:

• Beat Saber
  • Vacation Simulator
  • Surreal Adventure Pack (The Room VR and Trover Saves the Universe)
  • Red Matter
  • I Expect You to Die

No, the core functionality is native now. There may be some circumstances where VD works better, but it’s a lot simpler to just use Air Link most of the time.