Virtual reality: to boldly game like we never gamed before...

To expand upon what Ginger says, it really depends. I’ve found that with my particular wifi, for some reason, Virtual Desktop is just smoother and more stable than AirLink. For me. I’d say it’s worth spending a bit of time with both to see which gives you a better experience.

Yeah when I hold the trigger, my thumb rests over both buttons. I press B with the tip, and A with the pad.

Oh boy are you in for a treat when their bigger cousins show up haha! They really annoyed me early on before you get a boomstick upgrade, I just get up in their face, bend down, and unload at point blank into the weak spot (you can still teleport when they latch onto you). Either that or utilise the boomplants.
Look forward to seeing another person on the leaderboards!

You probably want the native In Death: Unchained though. PC version got abandoned an age back, new devs took over for Quest and added a heap more content and… the leaderboards are active! :)

Also add Crashland to your list lol…

Thanks for the heads-up!

And Crashland is on my wishlist, but it’s not on sale and it seemed like Beat Saber was probably a higher priority for my one welcome 25% coupon. Want to have at least a couple of games that the rest of the family can enjoy too.

Just experimented with connecting to the PC, and it was a bit rocky. Spent quite a while looking through every settings menu trying to figure out how to enable the link. It turned out the setting wasn’t there because it needed to update the headset firmware first, as despite spending a good chunk of time updating during initial setup, it somehow wasn’t on the latest version. Then after updating and restarting, it let me connect and showed a virtual desktop, but when I tried launching a VR game through Steam, it just showed a splash screen on the virtual desktop within Oculus home. Wound up restarting the computer, and launching SteamVR instead of going through the regular Steam interface, and it worked! … for two whole minutes before the headset battery died.

Thanks! Tried again and things went much better now that I know which hoops to jump through. Is there no way to pin SteamVR to the home menu in Air Link? Definitely not ideal to have to manually add the Steam panel every time, use it to navigate to and launch SteamVR, and then use SteamVR to launch the game.

I have a beefy PC with a good router right next to it, and it definitely looked much nicer and smoother on the PC version of Space Pirate Trainer vs. the native-version demo. Curious how much distance matters for the Wi-fi coverage. It would be nice to be able to do room-scale stuff in the garage where there’s enough open space.

Please feel free! I’m compiling a wishlist now, and am happy to add to it.

Generally the Oculus PC client shows SteamVR games directly in your library after you have run them once. So once you’re connected over Air Link you can just go to Oculus library and run them.

Another thing you can do is just switch to a virtual desktop and run SteamVR or the game from Steam there.

Former colleague of mine using VR for fitness (mainly uses FitXR instead of Supernatural) has graduated to using weighted wristbands to increase the intensity of each workout.

I’m going to guess it’s a combination of technical reasons and marketing reasons. Technical, because Store apps have more stringent sustained performance targets apps have to meet. Marketing, because every console Store has their title release calendar filled up and planned months in advance with marketing, advertising, and other initiatives. It’s really hard to insert an unexpected project into a highly optimized schedule without disrupting everything in a chain reaction.

My… God…

Careful with that, they are not recommended because the sudden, sharp movement aren’t good with weights.

Thank you, I misspoke and I beg your pardon. He’s not using wrist weights. He’s using Power Punch Pro resistance bands that attach to his waist.

My… God…

Is that supposed to be better?!

Imagine cutting a block with a kick. It would kick ass, I have to confess.

I have $14 in Oculus credits that expire tonight (anyone else keep getting these? This is probably the 4th or 5th time I’ve received them. Not that I’m complaining)

I’ve narrowed down my choice between these (carefully selected on the basis of not spending more than $10 extra ha), any thoughts or recommendations?

Until you Fall
Vacation Simulator
In Death Unchained

I have the OG Quest, if that makes a difference so I won’t get any snazzy graphical upgrades with the 2.

Everyone raves about In Death, go with that.

In Death. No question.

In Death! I still haven’t gotten past the first boss but it’s a great experience.

Thanks, pretty unanimous! In Death it is!

Hoo boy, tons of VR stuff in the Steam Summer Sale that just started. Leaning toward refunding a couple things I just bought in the Oculus sale and getting the Steam version instead. So far Air Link has been working really nicely for me – gotten a couple momentary bits of lag, but they’ve been infrequent enough that the nicer visuals more than make up for the tradeoff. And the Steam versions often seem to be a bit cheaper, too.

Compiling a list now. This could get expensive.