Virtual reality: to boldly game like we never gamed before...

I noticed Windlands 1 was only 2€ on Steam, so I bought it. FYI

I’m fooling around again with the Smash Drums demo and man, drumming is harder than I thought. I have big problems varying the strength of the hit differently for each hand. I can hit both strong, I can hit both lightly, but left lightly and right strong is hard…

Comparison between Sniper Elite VR versions

Ultrawings 2 is coming.

Oh nice Ultrawings is great.

Here’s what I wound up with from the Steam Sale.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/250820/view/2984179841817311398

So Eternal Starlight is pretty great, but I think I like BattleGroupVR a touch more.

Oh, the new module is MUCH harder than the Elven Queen. Not only are they doing stuff with light and torches to keep players huddled and whimpering, but they also pack in a lot more monsters and elite monsters. The Rat King makes Elven Queen feel like the tutorial module for Demeo…

Fairly excited to try Sniper Elite VR on my Q2 tonight. Always enjoy Sniper Elite games, don’t love them, but they are fun for a time. This might be a bit too arcadey but maybe Hard mode will make it more challenging.

Moss 2 announced

You know, if someone is going to buy a Quest 2, before he should warn me, as there is a referral program. We both could win $30 credit for games :P

Anyone picked up the Sam & Max game yet?
UploadVR’s review is positive about the writing, which is good news because that’s mainly what I’m interested in, but they were less keen on the actual puzzles.

Grr my Quest 2 no longer can align completely with the floor, but always hovers around 8-10 inches above the floor - anyone here seen the same, and know how to fix it? Its alsoa little bit off, and not plane.

My niece tried the helmet, and dropped it, and I fear something may have been shook loose.

If you mean after calibration, then no, I haven’t seen it. I had a similar thing with my Rift specifically in SteamVR, but there’s a way to set the floor level which fixed it. Never had an issue with the Quest 2.

It’s a pity I cannot recommend Carve. The snowboarding experience is fundamentally cool, but first, the game needs a stronger, extended tutorial, how to make spins is not clear at all, and a few ‘classes’ of how to make the basic tricks would be nice, it is like they expect you to use your RL knowledge which for me, is nil. Second, the game is very pixelated, it’s the game with lower resolution that I have seen on Quest. I know the Q2 is more powerful than this. It’s like playing in 800x600 again, with no AA.

Try deleting the guardian boundaries and setting them up again. If not, try to factory reset it. If not… well, maybe you are right, I read the 4 cameras at the corners are calibrated very carefully, so if one of them move 1 mm it can be an issue.

I found even just lightly brushing the drums was often too hard. I never ever got a “too light” note on any of the songs I tried. And the rhythm mechanics, particularly for the multiple hit drums, are just a bit off. Not sure this one is for me.

Free weekend for Jetborne Racing

Obduction, from some of the Myst folks, is free on Epic Store right now. Can’t say if it’s good or bad, but it’s free!

In preparation for Lone Echo II which will release on August, Lone Echo I is at a historical low price of $9.99, that’s 75% off.