Virtual reality: to boldly game like we never gamed before...

There is a version of HL2 ported to Android or the NVIDIA Shield IIRC, but the Doom 3 VR developer isn’t going to touch it because it’s apparently based on stolen source code. They only work with fully legal open source ports. But in theory the Quest 2 seems to be powerful enough.

Simmers may like this

They’ve ported Skyrim, Fallout 4, etc. so around that era. It’s a hard question because on the one hand the graphics are way downscaled from how those games look on today’s hardware, but the VR aspect scales 'em right back up in impact.

Those aren’t on Quest… they’re on PC VR.

Ach, my bad! Completely misread the question.

Read this on resetera, seems worthwhile to post here. about Quest 2 referrals

TLDR: long time Quest users? Don’t worry, you also can get referred, just reset factory your device.

Against is looking great

Resist, for running in a Quest, it is looking pretty good

A coop zombie shooter, so new!

I’m joking, it looks very decent (if nothing original).

So they made a futuristic Spiderman simulator? I was wondering how no one had overtly gone there yet (Jupitergrad has the mechanics but not the setting).

No one is interested in the 30€ oculus credit? Doing the factory reset is bit a pain in the ass, needing a few minutes to do the initial setup and update to the last version, but hey it’s a free game.

Maybe later today? I just spent yesterday doing a clean install of Windows 11, so not really in the mood for more stuffing about! Reinstalling all my VR apps would be a bit of a pain.

What do you do after the factory reset? And when does the credit expire?

Wait what’s this?

It’s a Quest 2 referral program, if you refer someone who gets a new headset you both get some store credit.

But it also apparently applies for people with existing headsets if they’re willing to factory reset the device.

It sounds a bit like a loophole they may close.

Oh god no I had to factory reset it when I got a new phone. Pain in the ass.

Finally got to the slums in Sweet Surrender. Dual UZI pistols are great. They need to fix the sniper rifle though. It’s really rivaling Compound in awesomeness.

Anybody want to do some Quest (2) multiplayer sometime? Other than the Horizon beta, I haven’t done any multiplayer and would love to play online with friends.

Love Bridge Crew! I have Demeo but haven’t played it yet.

Well, what’s your name on Oculus.

DennyA

(There goes my thinly veiled anonymity!)

I don’t even know how I’d swing it with timezones and workday hours etc, but it would be really fun to play some Walkabout minigolf or some squadbased Onward / ZeroCaliber (ideally against AI since I suck). Or Blaston and Eleven, if they allow spectators to swap into playing position in a private room, not sure.

Is there a QT3 Quest 2 Discord group to see who’s around and doing what at any given time?

I think it’s will cost $3.