Virtual reality: to boldly game like we never gamed before...

Good for you! Let me know what you think of Galaxy’s Edge, I’ve been curious. Agency matters a lot as far as sickness, moving your arm and head and everything matching up is much easier than being in a flying vehicle where your body only expects to feel G forces and never does.

I finished a 200 pieces puzzle in Puzzling Places and man, I’m happy I dind’t pick the 400 pieces version.

Only 13€ for Eleven Table Tennis

Oh. My. God.

I just picked this up, and it is SO GOOD.

PSVR 2 just announced at CES, apparently.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/01/04/playstation-vr2-and-playstation-vr2-sense-controller-the-next-generation-of-vr-gaming-on-ps5/
https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/18/next-gen-vr-on-ps5-the-new-controller/

Display method​ OLED
Panel resolution​ 2000 x 2040 per eye
Panel refresh rate​ 90Hz, 120Hz
Lens separation​ Adjustable
Field of View​ Approx. 110 degrees
Sensors​ Motion Sensor: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer)​
Attachment Sensor: IR Proximity sensor
Cameras​ 4 cameras for headset and controller tracking​IR camera for eye tracking per eye
Feedback​ Vibration on headset
Communication​ with PS5 USB Type-C®
Audio​ Input: Built-in microphone​Output: Stereo headphone jack

Guess I have to set this thread back to tracking if there’s PSVR news!

I don’t remember what the specs were like on the original, but it hasn’t left its storage box in 2+ years because setting up the camera was just such a hassle. So inside-out tracking is the thing I’m most excited about.

Sounds like great news.

And there’s a Horizon as in Zero Dawn title incoming. Awesome.

Is it true foveated rendering? Or does it just render the center of the display in higher resolution.

Probably true foveated, since that’d be what the eye tracking camera is for.

Man, if someone hacks in SteamVR VR support somehow… but I’m guessing it will all be very PlayStation proprietary.

There is a third party driver for PSVR1 sot it works with Steamvr (no idea of the quality), so maybe the same will happen with psvr2.

I do wonder about what will be the price of PSVR2. HDR + OLED + force feedback on the headset itself + eye tracking, and the previous leak said it would use the new pancake lenses (in fact it seems the manufacturer/model will surely be the same as Cambria).+2 controllers, which psvr1 didn’t include, right?

In other news, some more rumors:

Huh. Quarter 2 2022 seems pretty soon to upgrade their hardware given most games available are still trying to cater to Quest 1s… few games are even using what the Quest 2 has cabability for, right? What’s the point of releasing new gear if your catalogue is still catering to hardware of two cycles ago?

Is the Cambria the same as a Quest 3?

No, Cambria surely will be called Quest Pro or similar. It will be more expensive too, for a more professional or prosumer audience.

hm. Seems to me if games upgraded their texture resolution alone they’d up the quality of the experience right there without any hardware upgrades. Contractors has been doing texture updates to their maps (from what I assume was Quest1 friendly) and the difference is pretty stark. Allowed 16 player maps rather than 8 as well, again Quest2 only. Seems like maybe the Q1 needs to be phased out for a while first.

As I say, it will be for a different market. It will be face tracking and eye tracking to make social VR more a thing, for example.

Very poor last I checked, unfortunately. Part of it no doubt was the hassle in getting it set up on PC. This one being a single USB-C connection, maybe it’ll be easier? Would make it a very attractive option.

Cost is a concern for sure, but I’ve been waiting for a non-Facebook option for quite a while. And I imagine Sony will try and keep this at or under the price of a PS5.

I love my Quest 2, but am less impressed with how parts of it regressed from the Quest 1 (not as comfortable, “sweet spot” is difficult to find to prevent blurriness, etc.

Really hoping for a Quest Pro or Quest 3 which significantly improves the comfort and view clarity. Increased power and capabilities would be nice too, but not as vital IMO considering the types of games available

The comfort regressed so they could bring the price down to drive adoption. I find it much more comfortable than Q1 with the Elite strap. Even with that added, it’s still cheaper than Q1 was. :)