Virtual reality: to boldly game like we never gamed before...

Yep they do, by running the game on PC and using Oculus Link to stream it to the Quest. There are no native Quest games on Steam.

Some confusion is probably because there is a native Quest 2 version of Walking Dead, but you can only buy it from Oculus Store.

The really odd thing about Walkabout is that there isn’t a lobby system for Multiplayer. You can do a game against one random person, but otherwise it’s up to you to find people and coral them into a private room. Discord has a room generator, but it’s probably not what the vast majority of people do… and so the best way to play the game, with three or four other people, isn’t easily accessible to most. It’s baffling.

From what I have read, it seems the issue with Walking Dead is with Virtual Desktop, not with Quest 2 directly.

Just get Walking Dead natively on the Quest 2 and avoid the PC link hassle.

The free web VR game “Get the Heck Out” from tyrovr.com is a lot of fun on the Quest 2 and had me gyrating like a Capoeirista to the extent I think I almost pulled something. My one critique would be the first boss fight is way too difficult.

The skiing experience on the same site was also a nice rush. It made me a little dizzy which says something for this jaded VR-vet.

Any opinions on VTOL VR? I almost bought it during the summer sale and I see it’s discounted again. Does it play well with just the touch controllers like Ultrawings or Warplanes, or is it more of a HOTAS game?

It is specifically a touch controller game, not sure it even supports HOTAS!

Really? The videos I saw seemed like they were from hyper-nerd flightsimmers, that’s interesting if it isn’t too high a bar.

Yeah, it’s all about being able to interact with the cockpit using your hands.

But maybe they added HOTAS support since I last played, there have been plenty of requests for it!

Ooh, that’s kinda even better, I had no idea they were actually using hand motions to fly, I figured the rest of it was so wonk-friendly it had to be HOTAS underneath.

Is there a lot of game there, or like many VR titles is it more of a really cool tech demo?

I don’t think there’s a ton of content, no, but probably more than a tech demo.

A couple aircraft, a couple maps, some single missions, and I think a campaign. There is some Workshop stuff too.

It’s all pretty lo-fi visually, but engaging to operate and fly. Swings more toward sim than arcade, but not DCS-levels.

I bought VTOL a few years ago and spent an amazing 2-3 hours with it. I always wanted to get back to it but it’s a pretty intimidating sim for an ultra casual gamer like me. Maybe VR week is the time to do it!

Looks like Compound is out of early access. I enjoyed the demo and I know it has a lot of fans around here. That’s a must-purchase.

I also have Gadgeteer in my cart. I’d love to play a VR version of Sierra’s The Incredible Machine. Can anyone recommend it?

You have like, 48 hours to buy a Quest 2 before a price increase

If anyone is going to buy one, remember to use this first and get some credit store ($30/30€)
https://www.oculus.com/referrals/link/TurinTurambar/
(i also get the same amount if you use it :P)

The price of refurbished units is also going up, which is what I bought. Turned out to be a good deal. It came in retail packaging with all the accessories, looked and worked like brand new, and has the same 1-year warranty as a new unit.

I mean, they must still be taking a massive loss on each unit, the whole thing costs less than some phones do.

Moss 2 is out, any impressions? I’ll probably pick it up after the holidays.

I’ve been deep diving into Contractors, can’t stop playing it for a quick hour rush. I really want to like Onward, since I’m not a fan of bunny hopping and the speed of Contractors sometimes, but the crappy looking bots make coop kinda dull, and the maps are too huge for 5 on 5 pvp, somehow, especially when playing against skilled players.

I had a 30% off coupon and some credit store.

I wondered about Moss 2, and after reading some reviews, I decided against the idea of buying it at that current price, even with the discount. From what I’ve read, it’s still a well polished action-platform game with nice graphics, like the first one, but it’s still on the short side with 5 hours, as replayability they only could comment ‘it has collectibles’ which… lol, and even if the combat had improved slightly with two new weapons and a special power, however, the story is still lacking and the enemy variety is still poor.
I’m sure it will appear later on Steam, and from there, at some point it will reach 40-50% off.

I actually wanted to buy Red Matter 2

however the coupon isn’t valid with preorders. In the end I decided to go crazy and buy Vermillion. I don’t know how much time I will spend on it, possibly I will only fool somewhat with it, but from what i could try yesterday, it’s worth it just for the tech

Still, I had some remaining credit so I spent that and 16€ of my money to buy Red Matter 2.

And

Disappointing but predictable lack of Bowie

What I do any time I hear that a new Walkabout golf course has been released is I buy it.