Virtual reality: to boldly game like we never gamed before...

Grab your putters! New course alert for Walkabout Mini Golf. We’re going underwater…

Can’t wait for our group to play this tonight - looks pretty cool!

Barbaria coming to Quest

This looks interesting? It looks goofy at first, but it can work?

The new dlc for WMG

Not for Broadcast coming to VR

I think this is based on a reality tv show?

SuperHot + archery?

one more. If you hate robots, this is your game!

Finally, if you want a cheap VR game, this is less than $1

Tom loved this game, which definitely makes me want to try it again - I tried playing it with a controller, but it became too frantic for me to keep up, so maybe a more physical interface would suit it better?

Barbaria is out, it’s having decent reviews, and it’s crossbuy

Some cheap games on this sale

Just came here to post that, After the Fall looks really good and I can vouch for A Fisherman’s Tale. I’m buying Fall and the Maskmaker game.

I bought Barbaria, here it’s my referral link

It seems we have a good month. Obviously, the PSVR2 release. But beyond that, Barbaria seems liked, Drop Dead the Cabin next week,The Light Brigade also looks good and it will be out on Feb 22, Per Aspera is out in Quest

-PowerBeats is on the official store now

-Ancient Dungeon is now crossbuy on the Meta environment

-and v50 for Quest brings ‘direct touch’ panels for the UI

edit: this video may be interesting

Oh my lord, the fashion show at 3:21 in that video is totally hilarious:

The customisation feels like a gimmick to me, and it seems like it’s only financially viable if you already have an Index, but it’s nice to see progress on getting headsets smaller/lighter.

It’s very expensive, it doesn’t have audio, controllers or tracking, it needs an iPhone, it’s going to be a niche in a niche. Being so small it would be convenient as a headset you can use in different rooms, your office, your couch, your bed… except without tracking it can’t be done.

My next game

I bought this last night as I anxiously await my PSVR2. Light Brigade looked kinda meh from initial screenshots and trailers, but now looks fantastic from some of the recent full gameplay footage. It suddenly climbed very high on my desired to play list.

Vertigo 2 looks amazing. Finally, some artists are beginning to stretch the medium. I guess you could argue the medium has been stretched already, but… it’s more commonplace now?

I’m saying Vertigo 2 makes VR look like it’s hitting its stride.

I love my Q2 for Beat Saber, Pistol Whip, some other workout type games but dont really play the non workout games.

But, I always buy the latest and even though I hate cords with VR, I really want to try the PSVR2. RE Village full campaign in VR! GT7 would be cool! NMS if it’s working well. AUGH. So tempting but that would take half of my fun money that is all I have for the next few months.

Another Fisherman’s Tale announced

The Light Brigade is out, here it’s my discount referral for Quest. Impressions later.

Will be picking this one up - thanks!

My time for the impressions ran short, first because the battery, second because of this:

My Quest 2 strap failed on me. Removing the facial interface, you see the clip from where you are supposed to put the strap through and then use the velcro. Sorry for the bad photo, it was hard to focus

as you can see, the right fixture, where it joins to the body of the Quest 2, has broken. I guess it’s time for some loctite?

I could only try it briefly because (above post)
It reminds me more of In Death. Similar mysterious, mystical atmosphere, with muted colors, except with WW2 guns instead of a bow. Some thoughts:

The first thing I noticed is the sound: it’s pretty good, the footsteps in the snow, the fire crackling in a torch, the sound of the wind in the night, the clink of firing the last bullet of the rifle. It actually contributes a lot to the final quality of a game, both in immersion, and how it improves the gameplay.
There are 4 or 5 classes in the game (from what I read, I still on the default one), each one I believe it has a combo of main weapon / sidearm / spell.
There are 20 stages in the game, although don’t believe it means it’s super long, each one is pretty short, around three or four combat encounters each. It seems to have good environmental variety, already on the third stage you reach a new one.
You get both gold and souls while playing, with the souls being dropped if you are killed. You have “2 lives” in a run, so you have a second chance when you are killed to take them. Later you can improve the number of lives for that class. To make the souls permanent, you have to use a doodad that sometimes (50%?) appear at the end of stage. In between runs you can spend them in upgrades for each class.
The upgrades are all pretty straightforward: from memory, they are weapon, sidearm, spell, passive, pray, lives, souls, gold, some other thing? health maybe? Each one has three level of upgrades, they cost 1-3-5 souls each.
The graphics in the Quest 2 are acceptable, although they are using the strongest version of the fixed foveated rendering which imo a bit too much, if there is something in the periphery that hold your attention (like subtitles!) you can see it’s super pixellated. Despite that, I’ve see already a pair of slowdowns.
In the stages I’ve see enemies (doh) , a pair of types of traps, allied npcs (you can’t order around), loot both in the ground and sometimes in a jar tied to the branch of a tree (look above!). The loot can be gold, souls, tarot cards (choose one perk of three random choices), a consumable (I’ve seen ammo, health, grenade, stun grenade, decoy) , a permanent health upgrade or a weapon accessory, like a red dot sight or a talisman that enchants the bullets. The tarot cards effects were kinda samey, maybe it will improve with time, maybe it’s a lacking area of the game.
The combat is weighty. With this I mean, you damn weapon, it has tons of inertia to simulate a real thing in your hands, like, too much, I don’t think a real rifle is that heavy! But the effect works, it feels more real. Your move speed varies, you are fastest with the weapon holstered, slower with the weapon in one hand, and the slowest with the two hands in the weapon (but you really need it to avoid the sway).
It’s also hard, normal enemies kill you in three hits. So the combat pace is more deliberate than anything else, in between the damage and the weighty feeling.
Well, I said weighty slow combat but… not so much, as ven playing with smooth locomotion you have the option to teleport aiming at any place in a quick way. And in fact the game is designed to use it, you need it to go up in some places, and I guess I should start using more in the middle of combat when things turn hairy.
What else. Oh yeah, it has both arcade and realism presets in the options panel, and you can customize it, there is more than a dozen options to tweak.

No Man’s Sky got a new update mainly focused around PSVR2 support. Of course all PCVR players benefit from many of these improvements as well - it’s been a while!