Virtual reality: to boldly game like we never gamed before...

Awesome, well done! I was on top for at least an hour! ;)

You know, I haven’t tried Siege of Heaven yet, I kind of assumed it was a wave-based shooter and VR has too many of those it put me off. I should probably give it a go!

I didn’t like In Death when I tried it a year ago on PC. How is the Quest version different?

The Quest version is expanded, and wireless.

Apart from that, the basic gameplay is pretty similar so I’m not sure it would make you a convert if you didn’t like the PC version.

The movement was super clunky, as some of the interactions with the buttons, the game seemed very repetitive.

Can you use (Oculus’s) virtual desktop in Air Link mode? That was my main issue with VD.

I’m still stuck on 27 in the headset.

I factory reset my Q2 and now I see even less stuff in the experimental apps tab, lol. Fail.

Yep, I was using it today

The movement is either with the teleport arrow, the quick dodge, the (slow) smooth locomotion on the stick, or walking around the play space physically.

The interactions with the buttons are using the trigger to draw back arrows, grab pickups, and grab/place arrows in the quiver. Grip for shield or teleport shard. X or Y to open the quiver.

I don’t think any of that is clunky at all. But the game could be accused of being repetitive, yeah. You do unlock new stuff (enemies in particular) as you play through, but you’re basically always arching things to death. :)

What would you say is the right approach? I still haven’t gotten anywhere close to beating him even with full health and a full quiver of explosive, freezing and plague arrows!

Ah yiss. Air Link is up and working for me. More testing later.

Did you have to do anything special to make it show up? I don’t see it on mine still.

Mine is still waiting for the v28 update. Fun times.

Yeah I got the update, but I don’t see any Air Link option in the experimental features as of yet.

Yeah it’s a bit like MMO 101 - deal with the adds first. The boss is pretty slow moving. :)

The cataclysm explosion arrows are pretty good for taking out groups of enemies. Not sure ricochet is so effective in that room, with the larger open area there? I never tried, but they work well in confined areas. I usually save needles for those darn ghosts that you need to hit in the chest.

Anakim does really seem to hate headshots though!

All I did was see that I was on the v28 update. It actually… downloaded some days ago.

And the Air Link option was there under betas.

Yeah, I see Air Link on the PC but nothing on the Quest 2. I guess I’ll have to wait for it to get to me. Thank you!

What I’m seeing with Virtual Desktop (PC, which I use to fly WOFF2 with head tracking via OpenTrack)

This is me as well - I think I have 28, or 15283524252 something, but no Air Link.

It’s odd, because I had v28 on Quest and didn’t have Air Link. Then I stuffed about with it a bit, and suddenly did have Air Link. There was no extra software update, so I’m not sure how they’re rolling it out. Online check?

I find it hard to believe mine was activated somehow during the few minutes it took to reset experimental settings, reboot, connect via Link cable, enable Air Link on desktop, and reboot Quest again.

oh? Is this a neccesary step? And its in the Oculus app or?