Virtual reality: to boldly game like we never gamed before...

You can Google lists of crossbuy. To get them you shop as normal, the Buy for 29.00 button should instead just say Get, that indicates it’s free.

You can’t use App Referrals on games that are already discounted.

It’s a mess. The easiest way I found, is to Browse Oculus Cross-Buy Apps VR games on Meta Quest and watch out for where it says ‘Get’ next to a crossed-out price:
Click on those and add them to Quest from there.

If you have the whole page loaded you can Ctrl-F in the browser and search for ‘Get’.

Thanks. I’ll sort through it all while Asgard’s Wrath 2 downloads. Apparently I have the first one, I don’t remember ever playing it though. And it’s not cross-buy, so I’m going to start with the second one regardless. I must have bought that right before I got the Reverb, and I never fired up the Rift S since.

Yeah there is no Quest version of the first Asgard’s Wrath, it is a PC-only game. You can still play it on Quest over Oculus Link though.

That was very helpful, thank you.

I found 11, which was more than I expected. At some point I started buying everything I could through Steam. I guess before I buy anything again I should test out this air link stuff, but I may just double dip on Walkabout and Into the Radius, would love to have the freedom to play those anywhere.

Edit to note that I found 2 more owned cross buys that were not listed on that Meta store page. Pistol Whip and Wolves in the Walls, which are both really good experiences.

It works pretty well, but if anyone is planning to play a bunch of PC stuff I would recommend investing in the far superior Virtual Desktop.

I have it on PC side but, unfortunately not cross buy. It doesn’t even show up on PCVR store any longer. It’s cheap so I’ll check it out.

Yeah I have the old PC version also. The Quest version is quite a different thing so there was never any cross-buy for it.

Steam Link works very well to the Q3 also. I haven’t had to use Virtual Desktop for anything yet.

With all the headset upgrades getting about, it’s time to remind everyone that VTOL VR is an amazing VR-only touch-based PC light flight sim, and 30% off for a few more days. :)

Absolutely, it’s fine and works well for casual use, and the price is right.

But Virtual Desktop is higher quality, more easily configurable, uses fewer PC resources, and is faster to use in general (click the app in Quest, wait a couple seconds for it to connect to PC, click the game to play).

It provides far better desktop functionality, video playback, as well as its own OpenXR support so you can skip loading both SteamVR and Oculus software for OpenXR games.

The Oculus PC software is dated, bloated pain with like 1 config option for Link. Link chews up a bunch more VRAM than VD. Sure you can get the quality higher than the default but you need to stuff about with arcane values in the Oculus Debug app.

I assume the Oculus app is the only way to run Rift games (other than using Revive I guess) still?

I wish, lol. Look out for discounts in the current sale that are 30-50% off, as in practical terms you can get a referral for anything that gives you the 25%.

Virtual Desktop can run the Rift games, it just needs to open the Oculus PC app to do so.

I think it’s the only time it needs to do this, in all other cases you still need to have Oculus PC installed, but it doesn’t need to be actively running.

Using VD for Rift games gives a better result than Oculus Link does imo.

I just did some quick testing last night using Oculus Link and Steam Link, and yet again this headset surprised me. I did not expect this to work so well. I’m running with PC wired to a Deco mesh which is only dual band AC1200, and while not full PC quality, it was completely playable with whatever the default settings give you.

I wanted to figure out if it’s worth re-buying a few titles on Quest, so I tried out Beat Saber, Into the Radius, and Walkabout Mini Golf. I was also an entire floor and 3 rooms away from my PC. A little softer, a few hiccup/stutters, but nothing jarring.

Its sound like using Virtual Desktop and taking the time to tweak and set everything up properly will realize some gains as well. And I now have a reason to move to a 6E mesh setup. Looked at this new WiFi 7 stuff but the price is nuts on that.

I picked up Golf+, it’s quite good! Once I figured out to drop the offhand controller it was workable, and the level of gameplay detail is impressive. It’s not going to replace the driving range or a real simulator, but should serve to at least keep my back looser through the winter.

I found MiRacle Pool which is a FREE applab mixed reality pool game that was worth the 430meg download for sure. I moved the couch back and slapped a pool table down in my living room, fun stuff. Looks like it has multiplayer as well.
MiRacle Pool on Meta Quest | Quest VR Games | Meta Store

I picked up a bunch of stuff on sale, and I found out that buying through the in headset store popped up a “add another game for 10% and a 3rd for additional 25% off” which stacked on top of the sale prices. It’s a wonky interface since there’s no cart and each game give different games for options to add. I spent some time testing out combos and shaved an extra 25% off 7 of the titles I picked up.

Thanks, that pool game looks great. Going to try out the multiplayer - if the table fits in my living room!

What did you pick up during the sale so far?

Oh man quite a bit, I’m probably good for the year lol. It was tough to pass on 30-45% discounts plus the bonus bundle thing. So far I got:
Ancient Dungeon
Barbaria
Battle Talent
Moss Book 2
Red Matter
The Light Brigade
Track Craft
Vader Immortal bundle ($13 since I own the first)
Virtual Desktop

I want AssCreed Nexus but that will be cheaper with a referral when it’s off sale.

I’m also TheToxicWaltz on Oculus (and Steam), if anyone wants to add me for multiplayer stuff.

Thank you for this tip. I had been doing it wrong. That should be the default.