VU Games Plans Scarface, 50 Cent Sequels

Sequels before the games are released? VU Games is feeling pretty confident in the games.

Almost every company has sequels planned out before a game ships, in the off-chance it’s successful enough to warrant one.

The sequels are also called, “Features we didn’t have time or money to implement.”

Plus Vivendi has a whole hand full of nothing besides the Blizzard stuff. Crash and Spyro have sold a diminishing number of copies with each iteration, Half-Life is gone, future Simpsons games are supposedly tied up because of voice talent issues, and Van Helsing and Riddick were tied to movies that probably won’t see sequels. Hulk may be promising but the first one wasn’t a huge seller.

So when Mr. O’Neil comments that consecutive iterations are an important component of the company, he isn’t lying…they desperately need to establish some new sustainable console franchises.

Almost every company has sequels planned out before a game ships, in the off-chance it’s successful enough to warrant one.

The sequels are also called, “Features we didn’t have time or money to implement.”[/quote]

Yea, but they don’t go ahead and announce it. If Scarface tanks then VU Games is going to look silly when they can’t make the promised sequels.

I am talking to my buddy “ralph” as we speak!

You mean Red Ninja didn’t tear up the marketplace? Or Predator: Concrete Jungle?

I’m reminded of the big plans Ion Storm announced for Daikatana 2.

The sequels are also called, “Features we didn’t have time or money to implement.”[/quote]

And with Xbox Live games they’re adding “Features we had done but didn’t include so we can charge you to download them!”

Where’s wumpus to extoll the virtues of micropayments when we need him?

I can’t wait until Timmy blings out his car in Need for Speed and Mommy looks at the bill and says, “Um, why is this Xbox thing costing me $50 this month?”

“But mom, I needed those rims.”

Scarface? 50 cent? “The Next Big Thing?” :lol:

Uh, how do you even make a ‘Scarface 2’, since Tony Montana, you know, DIES at the end of Scarface? What, is Scarface 2 subtitled "Back from the Grave’, and he rises as a voodoo powered enforcer, tasked to kill the enemies of a priestess with his skull guns? Wait, they already made that game, and it sucked.

Scarface the game takes place after Scarface the film had Tony not died. Instead, he loses his empire and you need to get it back.

I think Vivendi is in a lot of trouble and wouldn’t be suprised if it disappears in the next year or two. I’ll give you an example: I work for a major game retailer as a manager and Vivendi is running a “contest” that’s designed to get us to push Vivendi games in return for prizes. I signed up for it, but didn’t do anything else, figuring I’d get a few prize points. In return for selling games worth maybe $280 to Vivendi’s bottom line, I got $250 worth of prizes (in the form of an Amazon gift card).

That kind of stuff makes me think they are in desperation mode. If F.E.A.R. doesn’t become the next Half-Life, they are finished.

It would have been easier for you to just say “Scarface the game will be shit,” you know.

It would have been easier for you to just say “Scarface the game will be shit,” you know.[/quote]

If I recall correctly, there was another game based in Miami with a similar premise… that did alright. ;)

Greetings:
I’d be very surprised if VU tanks any time soon. Consider that they’re pulling in something north of $20 mil in revenue for WoW alone. Per Month.

Personally, my bet for major publisher most likely to disappear is Atari.

Michael.

Scar auto 3.

It would have been easier for you to just say “Scarface the game will be shit,” you know.[/quote]

Because in the wonderful world of Liz, no one gets less than a 7.

Troy

Atari has Dragon Ball Z, though. These games typically sell well.

They have been doing poorly lately. I think they’re banking a lot on The Path of Neo. I’m not sure how many people will want it after Enter the Matrix.

Not really. You can’t just kill people for no reason in the game.