Waiter! There's a finger in my chili!

Well, it looks like they caught the gal who claimed she found a severed finger in her chili. Just to show you how out of touch I am, I didn’t even know there was a furor over this until I read she had been caught.

I am pretty sure this is an old con–putting a hair on your plate to get out of paying for your dinner. But they sure have raised the stakes these days. It’s almost like it is a cottage industry–not long ago there was the gal with a chicken head in her chicken nuggets. I also remember Jack in the Box had something, but can’t remember the details now. People are ready to believe the worst about fast food establishments, I guess.

She said she got $30,000 from a Mexican food chain after her 13-year-old daughter got sick at one of the restaurant, but the chain denied it paid her anything.

Man! I should have sued that one Indian restaurant that had me projectile-vomiting rice out of my nose for 24 hours. Could have been on sick leave for six months.

Now’s a good time to have some Wendy’s Chili. The quality control process has to be top notch right now.

not long ago there was the gal with a chicken head in her chicken nuggets.

Finding Chicken in Chicken Nuggets? Now that is a surprise.

I found a wasp in a packet of bombay mix once, does that count?

I worked at Wendy’s for a year and a half back in the day. I would be afraid of the chili even if it was sans digits.

Who is San?

Ba Da Dump Dump. Crash.

Be here all week folks. Try the veal.

Finding Chicken in Chicken Nuggets? Now that is a surprise.

It was the whole head.

I also remember Jack in the Box had something, but can’t remember the details now.

Jack in the Box was improperly cooking meat and wound up giving a few people E-Coli. I think one died, but my memory is very hazy. They have since become the safest fast food restaurant, shifting their whole ethic over to fresh food.

I thought the chili was simply made from the chopped up remains of whatever hamburgers didn’t get sold within a certain amount of time. Not terribly appetizing, but not particularly scary, either.

Who is San?

Ba Da Dump Dump. Crash.

Be here all week folks. Try the veal.[/quote]

You mentioned in a movie thread, you do not like comedy that much. I can see that now. :)

He was the illegal we had chopping the 5 day old meat. He was not to careful with the grinder. WHen I left, we called him “3-finger sans”. Last I heard, his nickname had bee altered to 2-finger sans.

Your rimshot sucks.

Did they ever say where she got the finger from?

I found a snail in a jar of strawberry marmelade once.
The company offered me a years worth of free marmelade as compensation. I declined… told them I didn’t really feel like eating their marmelade anymore, when I knew they had snails in it.

No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there’s nothing to be afraid of.

No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there’s nothing to be afraid of.[/quote]
Ha!
great one.

Her mental health care provider.

I had heard that she clipped the finger, apparently, from the body of her recently deceased aunt. It was supposedly the preserving fluids present on and in the tissue that made it clear the finger couldn’t have been from an accident somewhere up the line in meat processing.

she clipped the finger,

I know it’s a tragedy, but something about this clause just makes me want to disucss it with a cockney accent.

Hear that? She clipped her own dead Aunty’s finger! First she snipped it, then she clipped it. I guess if she was dead, Aunty didn’t need it any more.

That’s a great story. Haha! :)

I found a burned onion ring in my Burger King fries - does that count?

It just looked like a burned onion ring, Phil. I hope you didn’t eat it, you poor poor man.